ADVERTISEMENT

First half thread

I’m genuinely shocked Duke has kicked these field goals. Cutcliffe has a lot of class not running up the score.

Reactions: rmndcat
Great drive by Marty. Love to see him step up into the pocket for that TD throw. Will the defense rally with this little glimmer of momentum?

Reactions: rmndcat
I have seen NU get off to a slow start before, and lose to worse teams, but in recent history, never this bad. They are getting destroyed in every aspect…by a team that is far from being a powerhouse.
This may be worse than 2019.
It is !

The difference in pocket presence is amazing, how do coaches not see that?
HuJo should have been pulled after the goalline fumble. Hopefully the QB change turns our season around, even if this game is already out of hand.

Hunter had a complete meltdown. As a 6th year, get him out. Its mental block. Put in hilsinki if he has anything. For the love of God, Hunter needs to be done for the year.

Reactions: BFDCat
Great drive by Marty. Love to see him step up into the pocket for that TD throw. Will the defense rally with this little glimmer of momentum?
It won’t matter a lick without the defense on board, but I agree it was nice to see Marty navigate the pocket. Blue Devils clearly let up on that drive (conservative coverages/blown assignments), but it’s a start.

They do see the pocket presence, but they also see the throws which hang in the air.

That drive was amazing, but Duke will tighten up. Im not sure we’ve seen our last interception. I’m surprised we were throwing that much. (Though, obviously, I’m happy!)

They do see the pocket presence, but they also see the throws which hang in the air.

That drive was amazing, but Duke will tighten up. Im not sure we’ve seen our last interception. I’m surprised we were throwing that much. (Though, obviously, I’m happy!)
Very possible. Duke should have picked off Marty’s 2nd throw.

The thing to remember is that Duke is terrible. The only conf team we play worse that this is Illinois. Duke is a 4 win team. And they are killing us in all phases. We may lose to Ohio U

We'll be fortunate to win more than 1 Big Ten game if we play like we're playing today so far.

Who’s the one? Illinois could put up 400 yards on the ground against us. Maybe Rutgers at home?

Who’s the one? Illinois could put up 400 yards on the ground against us. Maybe Rutgers at home?
Which one?
I think we beat one of Nebraska, Illinois, or Rutgers (one of them has a bad game against us).

I don't think we're quite as bad as our offense has showed (especially if we start a different QB the rest of the way), but yeah our defense will lose a lot of games this year outright.

Regardless this looks like a 2-3 win year... 2 years after Fitz promised "never again".

Was it the o line, HJ or not prepared? Ever since we got HJ he doesn’t seem to be a leader. Why was he a 5 star recruit?

Was it the o line, HJ or not prepared? Ever since we got HJ he doesn’t seem to be a leader. Why was he a 5 star recruit?
He was a 5 star recruit 5 years ago... keep that in mind. That's ages ago in a young person's life.

I think we beat one of Nebraska, Illinois, or Rutgers (one of them has a bad game against us).

I don't think we're quite as bad as our offense has showed (especially if we start a different QB the rest of the way), but yeah our defense will lose a lot of games this year outright.

Regardless this looks like a 2-3 win year... 2 years after Fitz promised "never again".

Friendly wager? I’ll take the over on 3 wins? Don’t give up on the season. I think you’ll see changes and a different team starting the 2nd half.

Friendly wager? I’ll take the over on 3 wins? Don’t give up on the season. I think you’ll see changes and a different team starting the 2nd half.
I hope you're right, I'm always optimistic Fitz can get things turned around after a bad start.

I'd like to just see flashes that we're not what that first half showed in the second half.

Reactions: corbi296
The offense is talented enough. Marty has proven he can win big ten football games. The defense, though, is so so bad. I don't think I've seen more than a handful of encouraging signs. We'll see if we can get a stop to start this half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT