ADVERTISEMENT

First half thread

And our previous AD locked up Fitz for next 7 years! Gonna be a revolution if this keeps up! Anyone got a hundred million to buy out Fitz and get Fleck? Minnesota just thumped Colorado!

I have seen NU get off to a slow start before, and lose to worse teams, but in recent history, never this bad. They are getting destroyed in every aspect…by a team that is far from being a powerhouse.
This may be worse than 2019.

I think thats the end of Hunter's college career sadly, nice kid though.

Hunter is not a college QB!! Fitz, quit being so damn stubborn!!!

Why did we let Hank retire?

(But seriously, did Hank not have a protege from within the program that we could elevate?)
Presumably Fitz was letting MacPherson and McGarigle get a few more years on the defensive side before promoting one..., but I don't see how it'd hurt to give one of them a shot at this point.

O'Neil just doesn't appear to be able to prepare the defense.

In a world with a solid line, perhaps Hunter would be o.k. But he is hearing footsteps when they aren’t even there Now.

Put in any QB who can scramble, or just stay in the Wildcat. Stop the bleeding.

HJ has 3 INT and a fumble. That's still not enough for the half to give him a breater?

Hunter is totally lost now. These INT’s aren’t even close. Time to pull the plug.
Yeah, it looks like a mental thing. Anytime there is even mild pressure he is panicking.

I really would have liked to see him with a competent OL, but it seems like that isn’t in the cards. It happens to some QBs. Bummer.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
Presumably Fitz was letting MacPherson and McGarigle get a few more years on the defensive side before promoting one..., but I don't see how it'd hurt to give one of them a shot at this point.

O'Neil just doesn't appear to be able to prepare the defense.
It really is too bad that we did not have a promotion from within. If a strength of our program is coaching longevity, then a positive consequence of this is that we should be able to develop and promote from within. Trying to give the new guy a chance but this is really tough to watch.

Reactions: CatManTrue
Yeah, it looks like a mental thing. Anytime there is a blitz or rush he is panicking.

I really would have liked to see him with a competent OL, but it seems like that isn’t in the cards.
If there’s not a new QB starting in the second half, I will be shocked…and disappointed. Not personal to Hunter, but this is not acceptable play from the QB position.

If there’s not a new QB starting in the second half, I will be shocked…and disappointed. Not personal to Hunter, but this is not acceptable play from the QB position.
Most definitely. At least three of the turnovers are on him (one of the interceptions could be on the WR, but the fumble is on him).

You can’t do that and continue to play.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
I hope Cutcliffe runs up the score on us to show Fitz that it’s ok to go all out all the time.

He has never shown he can handle the mental part of playing college football.
He’s never played with even a serviceable OL, C. Look at the penetration Duke is getting. It’s nearly every play.

Hunter is unplayable right now, but the kid has been harassed his entire career. QBs that go through this end up seeing ghosts. It’s a thing.

You could be right, but the flashes you see don’t make that a certainty.

Regardless, putting Marty makes sense. Try to get a spark and the kid has enough mobility not get himself killed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT