ADVERTISEMENT

First Years that burned their shirts?

GeorgiaCat

Sep 23, 2001
Has anybody been keeping track of the first years and who burned their shirts (I.e., played five or more games)?

Has anybody been keeping track of the first years and who burned their shirts (I.e., played five or more games)?

Good question.i was wondering the same. I think Tommy A. Is the only one I know for sure. Maybe Malik Washington and Jason Gold as well.

Reactions: Titanium999
Washington played most of the games. The NU stats show him in 11 games.

It shows Gold playing in 6 but it's possible this could be inaccurate (stats show Hull with 5 and we know that's not correct).

The other guy who definitely played in more than 4 is Trey Finison, who did most of the kickoffs.

Washington played most of the games. The NU stats show him in 11 games.

It shows Gold playing in 6 but it's possible this could be inaccurate (stats show Hull with 5 and we know that's not correct).

The other guy who definitely played in more than 4 is Trey Finison, who did most of the kickoffs.
Maybe he can do the FG kicking?

Reactions: corbi296
Sheesh . . . can someone tell me what, exactly, is the point of this? What, was "Freshman" confusing? Offensive? Anyone who can somehow derive a problem with "freshman" is probably better off not leaving his house.
My guess is that the administration is trying to avoid traumatizing half of the first year student body that doesn't identify as men (woke alert!) by eliminating a masculine title. Of course they could have just added Freshwoman as an alternative.

Oh, I thought it was just to more easily distinguish between true and redshirt freshmen.

Reactions: Rebel_
My guess is that the administration is trying to avoid traumatizing half of the first year student body that doesn't identify as men (woke alert!) by eliminating a masculine title. Of course they could have just added Freshwoman as an alternative.
Not good enough for those who don't identify as either gender. Fresh-being?

Not good enough for those who don't identify as either gender. Fresh-being?
The very height of silliness . . . :rolleyes: No harm ever came to a female student as a result of being called a freshman, and no harm ever will.

How can you distinguish a fresh woman from a coed?

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Wayne Dennis seemed to have played 6 games. He was on the two-deep this week.

Sheesh . . . can someone tell me what, exactly, is the point of this? What, was "Freshman" confusing? Offensive? Anyone who can somehow derive a problem with "freshman" is probably better off not leaving his house.
But do they identify themselves as first year, or second year - first year playing. I think that is the difference between we and they pronouns. :)

Oh, I thought it was just to more easily distinguish between true and redshirt freshmen.
Nope. It’s because we live in a world where people are offended by the word man or the word man being included in a word where man has no meaning within the word.

Nope. It’s because we live in a world where people are offended by the word man or the word man being included in a word where man has no meaning within the word.
Seems to me that the only people offended are those who don't like the term "first-year". I've never heard anyone complain about the word "freshman", yet many of you seem completely triggered by the term "first-year". Get over it. It's no big deal.

Seems to me that the only people offended are those who don't like the term "first-year". I've never heard anyone complain about the word "freshman", yet many of you seem completely triggered by the term "first-year". Get over it. It's no big deal.
Actually no. I could post thousands of articles on the attack of the word. I just grabbed the first one off google:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...sexist-and-promotes-rape-katherine-timpf/amp/
It’s ridiculous that our administration has taken this stance.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Back to the original question: Finison, Washington, Gold and Tommy A. all burned their shirts. The 2020 roster also shows Rowley and Brandon Thomas as sophomores.

Looking at the roster is your best bet. Assuming you mean Joseph, surprising as I only recalled seeing him in two games.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Nope, it is not really a concern at all, but people do have opinions as demonstrated on this thread. I won’t lose sleep about it, despite thinking it is one step above the “We’re gonna move those chainsssss” nonsense.
I wasn't referring to you specifically, but seeing you twice voiced that opinion and felt I was referring specifically to you, seems like you are concerning yourself with it a wee bit.

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT