ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz turned down NFL job

Hardballs has been a huge disappointment. You responded to Hungry that repeating the same thing over and over doesn’t make it true. Yet what Hungry posted was factual and just didn’t fit your narrative.

Maybe your definition of successful is different than most. It’s certainly different to most Michigan fans. So, he doesn’t lose to the the ISU, Akron or Army teams on the schedule. Michigan is not Northwestern. Yet up until NU’s putrid season he hadn’t done much better than Fitz during this same period. How has Hardballs done at Michigan?

Zero Playoff appearances
Zero Big Ten titles
Zero Appearances in the B1G Title Game
0-5 against OSU and lost most of them by about a million.
1-4 in Bowl games, including an embarrassing loss to an Unranked South Carolina team they led by 16 in the 4th and a pummeling by Florida last season.
2-10 against top ten teams.
At least 3 losses every season
6 losses by over 21 points
Losing to little Brother twice, including a blocked punt as time expired.

Hardballs also has a losing record after 3 seasons at Stanford. He rode that season to a NFL gig.

Give it up GCG, he has had one exceptional year in college football and that was at Stanford. It’s ok to be wrong.

Harbaugh has won at both the NCAA and NFL level. End of story.

Harbaugh has won at both the NCAA and NFL level. End of story.
No love for him or Michigan but he did bring them back to actually winning. Now are they to where Michigan fans want them to be? No. However I will be glad when he’s gone because I think they’re better with him as of now.
Rich Rod- 15 and 22
Hoke- 31 and 20
Hairball 47 and 17

I really hope NU makes a bowl next year.
Apologize to the board for dragging this out. Sorry, but this guy’s arrogance and bullying of people has grown exceeding tiresome. I need to the high road like most do when he throws his sarcastic BS into every thread. When I first joined this community, I actually thought he brought something valuable to the board. Took me awhile to realize he spews a lot of BS and knows less than many here. Worst yet, he treats people in a degrading fashion as if they are imbeciles.

I know people don’t want to read this back and forth. Apologize again. I am done. He can have the last word like always.

Reactions: NUCat320
One game does not a career make.

Dude has a career ~70% win percentage across the NCAA and NFL levels.

True. But a handful of games define a career, especially if you're the head ball coach at a program like Michigan. Do you think any Muchigan fan is happy with that 70% win percentage when zero, zilch, nada are against dOSU? And no championship of any kind? His coaching tenure is going to remembered as a failure at his alma mater.

True. But a handful of games define a career, especially if you're the head ball coach at a program like Michigan. Do you think any Muchigan fan is happy with that 70% win percentage when zero, zilch, nada are against dOSU? And no championship of any kind? His coaching tenure is going to remembered as a failure at his alma mater.

You’re trying to change the question/narrative to suit your argument again.

Harbaugh has been a “successful” coach at both the NFL and NCAA level. End stop.

It gives me literally zero pleasure defending Harbaugh. He’s amongst my least favorite people in the coaching profession due to his, um, ethically questionable recruiting practices. But facts are facts and dude has won wherever he’s been.

You’re trying to change the question/narrative to suit your argument again.

Harbaugh has been a “successful” coach at both the NFL and NCAA level. End stop.

It gives me literally zero pleasure defending Harbaugh. He’s amongst my least favorite people in the coaching profession due to his, um, ethically questionable recruiting practices. But facts are facts and dude has won wherever he’s been.

Good grief.

Reactions: nugnrfan82
I'm sure Ohio State will be quite happy to see him stay in Ann Arbor but I agree with Corbi that he might jump to the pros now. Lotsa openings.

I'm sure Ohio State will be quite happy to see him stay in Ann Arbor but I agree with Corbi that he might jump to the pros now. Lotsa openings.

That would put 2021 QB JJ McCarthy back on the market. I am sure Fitz/Bajakian would make another run at him.

I give you an “incomplete” for comprehension.

This really isn’t hard.
Not hard at all.

If you read my initial post on the subject, you will read that I argue that Harbaugh has “underachieved” at Michigan. You know, the school with over 30 alumni currently on NFL rosters. You know, the school with top 8 recruiting classes in 2016, 2017, and 2019.

Not hard at all.

If you read my initial post on the subject, you will read that I argue that Harbaugh has “underachieved” at Michigan. You know, the school with over 30 alumni currently on NFL rosters. You know, the school with top 8 recruiting classes in 2016, 2017, and 2019.

This is the original Fitzphile post to which I responded:

What works in college is different than what works in the NFL. The one successful head coach I can think of is Pete Carrol, who won at USC and at Seattle. But how'd it work out for Steve Spurrier? Nick Saban? Lou Holtz? Just a different ball game.

You really wanna argue that Harbaugh hasn’t been a “successful” coach at the NCAA and NFL levels?

I would defer to @MRCat95 on this one, as he was his teammate and, like, actually knows Fitz personally, as opposed to the rest of us internet psychologists whose main qualification may be to have slept in a Holiday Inn.
Just based on the visage appearing next to MRCat95’s name on this very message board, I would elect to defer to him at every opportunity. “You said VHATT? … you little pipsqueak … I pity the poor fool, etc….."

Yup. He is his own man, and if he was thin-skinned then he never would have had the success he has had as a player / coach. People forget that he’s a South sider... they tend to let you know what they think down there in much less friendly terms than the media.

I don’t think he’d like being a NFL coach for the same reason “true college coaches” don’t: he likes recruiting and developing young men into better men.

NFL coaches spend most of their 100 hour work weeks in the practice facilities and video rooms. College coaches spend theirs rallying their team, coaching their staffs, or on the road wooing recruits and parents.

Belichick is the greatest NFL coach for a reason, and Saban is arguably the best modern college coach for another set of reasons. Fitz is a college coach and I would bet he retires as NU’s head coach or AD... and before he’s too old to enjoy retirement.

who could be better than fitz for NU?

Reactions: DaCat
who could be better than fitz for NU?
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT