ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck gets seven year extension...

I tend to believe Fleck is a pretty good coach, and it’s to Minnesota’s credit that they got this done. Won’t stop FSU from calling, tho.

That contract will mean nothing if he gets offered by USC or FSU.

Reactions: Pukecat
I put him and James Franklin in the same "a lot of flash, questionable substance" category

Having said that, both have beat us numerous times and had more successful seasons (and seems much more willing to innovate) than we are

Reactions: Purdue 95
I tend to believe Fleck is a pretty good coach, and it’s to Minnesota’s credit that they got this done. Won’t stop FSU from calling, tho.
Gopher backers believe he is the real deal. and I have this from serious backers. He is golden.

Fleck is a pretty good football coach and salesman. I think his character is less than ideal.

I put him and James Franklin in the same "a lot of flash, questionable substance" category

Having said that, both have beat us numerous times and had more successful seasons (and seems much more willing to innovate) than we are

8-0, 8-0, vs 1-7.

We often denigrate the methods of people like Harbaugh and Fleck but it seems to work unfortunately.

If Fleck beats PSU,he will be 9-0 and ranked fifth in the nation,or higher! I think he wins

We often denigrate the methods of people like Harbaugh and Fleck but it seems to work unfortunately.

So what if “it works”. Skirting the rules and being duplicitous works until you get caught. It does not make it right.

Reactions: Rodenthater
I live in this state with this assbackwards university, trust me, his sthick will get old!
I agree, it is an Assbackwards University, schtick has historically gotten old, but trust me, currently, big donors love him. Has he fooled them? I don't know.

All I know is I'd rather be 8-0 and ranked #13 in the country and in the CFP discussion, than 1-6 and not having scored a TD in 13 quarters.

There is an article in the Daily Herald. BTN flew to his NIU coach Joe Novak's home to interview about PJ Fleck. Filmed 90 minutes, but used a 30-second soundbyte where Novak said "I wish he'd tone down the rhetoric a bit". Fleck responded with a text and has refused to speak with him since. What a fragile ego. :)

There is an article in the Daily Herald. BTN flew to his NIU coach Joe Novak's home to interview about PJ Fleck. Filmed 90 minutes, but used a 30-second soundbyte where Novak said "I wish he'd tone down the rhetoric a bit". Fleck responded with a text and has refused to speak with him since. What a fragile ego. :)

The wish to confirm the uneducated narrative of a bunch of message board psychologists is strong today...

Last edited:
Reactions: LACatFan and Fitz51
All I know is I'd rather be 8-0 and ranked #13 in the country and in the CFP discussion, than 1-6 and not having scored a TD in 13 quarters.

I am sure there were Minnesota fans saying the same thing about NU last year.

Fleck is an offensive genius!
He is a complete coach. He understands that you have to be progressive and he puts together great coaches around him.
It is well documented that Fitz puts together inferior coaches who are asked to take an oath and kiss the pinky.
That has been the big downfall that has prevented Fitzgerald from attaining big ten championship teams as the 2 previous head coach's.
The bottom line is that Fitz himself is the greatest obstacle in bringing back the glory of a championship.

He is a great coach on the internet and a blowhard on twitter. But not championship material on the field.

Reactions: Titanium999
Fitz is killing us with his offensive schemes! We are completely oblivious on offense! ETHS would hold us to 17 points and I ain't kidding!

Reactions: stpaulcat
It's a deserved extension. Regardless of whether you find his personal brand building problematic as I do, he's a solid coach and program builder.

Doesn't mean Minnesota is going to be able to recreate a year like this often, but in the current Big Ten West, they'll be a good program as long as he's there.

Which may not be all that long given the biggest programs will come calling for him very soon.

If Fleck beats PSU,he will be 9-0 and ranked fifth in the nation,or higher! I think he wins
I trust you're talking about the AP poll and not the playoff rankings? They're 13th in the AP and if you look at who's in front of them, there's no way they leapfrog eight teams to get into the top five. Irrelevant anyway, IMO, as I think they'll be beaten handily by PSU (10 or more).

Reactions: drewjin
I trust you're talking about the AP poll and not the playoff rankings? They're 13th in the AP and if you look at who's in front of them, there's no way they leapfrog eight teams to get into the top five. Irrelevant anyway, IMO, as I think they'll be beaten handily by PSU (10 or more).

Agreed. I think this is the game where they start taking on water.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT