ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck or Fitz? Who is better?

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
I think Fitz is too old school with his defense first wins championship! Just look at Kansas City last year! I love Fitz,but he would be chopped liver if I had the chance to have Fleck coach at my Alma Matter, Northwestern!

I think Fitz is too old school with his defense first wins championship! Just look at Kansas City last year! I love Fitz,but he would be chopped liver if I had the chance to have Fleck coach at my Alma Matter, Northwestern!
You are enamored with Fleck. I think he's a snake oil salesman! Lets see how his career plays out at Minn. vs Fitz's at NU.

Integrity and wins matter more than someone homegrown. If Fitz got fired, nobody would give a fart in the wind.
Fleck is a much wanted coach. His integrity and wit are important.

west-michigan-broncos-v-northwestern-wildcats-ncaa-football-game-evanston-usa-shutterstock-editorial-5891602o.jpg

Reactions: willycat
Just visiting your board to get you guys' thoughts on tomorrow's game. I was somewhat* shocked to see this question posed.

As a Purdue fan, I think you guys would be absolutely INSANE to even consider the notion that Fleck is somehow better than Fitzgerald. PJ Fleck is a self-promoting carnival barker. Fitzgerald is a great coach and a good all-around guy who bleeds purple. I've got no dog in the fight, but they should not even be mentioned in the same sentence, IMO.

Good luck on Saturday.

*Every board has its trolls, right?

Ask the good folks at Rutgers or Northern Illinois about his character, even the folks at WMU aren't big fans.
I dont have to. Many respected people vouch for him. Does Fitz have a charity?
Fleck's work with those suffering is unmatched.

Watching the journey on BT Network you can just tell the Minnesota players believe in Fitz! Just don't think the NU players feel the same. The Minnesota lineman will blow the Wildcats off the ball. Better conditioning.

Watching the journey on BT Network you can just tell the Minnesota players believe in Fitz! Just don't think the NU players feel the same. The Minnesota lineman will blow the Wildcats off the ball. Better conditioning.

There are many coaches in different sports that are like Fleck. The "rah-rah" approach grows old fairly quickly and the results follow on a downward trajectory.
Many people will respond positively initially to such approach but it wears thin soon. Even in college where there is rapid turnover in players, 4 years of such an approach may be hard to take. I would take Fitz any day of the week over Fleck. Time will tell.

There are many coaches in different sports that are like Fleck. The "rah-rah" approach grows old fairly quickly and the results follow on a downward trajectory.
Many people will respond positively initially to such approach but it wears thin soon. Even in college where there is rapid turnover in players, 4 years of such an approach may be hard to take. I would take Fitz any day of the week over Fleck. Time will tell.
At least Fleck made it to the NFL! I think Fleck will stuff Iowa's pourous offense tomorrow

I like both coaches Fitzgerald is proven. P.J. is still growing into his current role. IMHO both are a bit of a mashup of oldschool and new school. Both appear to be very good fits at their respective schools.

I hope my Gophers are ready. Your coach will have the defense ready! Don't know much about your offense this year. It appears the offense is gaining traction.

I expect Coach Fitzgerald to come out throwing haymakers!

Cheers!

Re: Rah Rah: I put Fitz in the same bin with PJ in the regard. Fitz is not a quiet, laid back coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT