ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tix - New information

T_Levine

May 26, 2010
I haven’t seen anyone post so I thought I’d share.

First I will share that my new tix rep did not seem excited on the call this week. I was shocked. He said he came to the job last year because he was told the stadium was supposed to start last year and be complete for fall 2025 now it’s 2026. He had experience in LA with the Chargers and new stadium with “contributions.”

2. Tix at Wrigley will be sold by the cubs directly. Season tix holders will have first access but you will be able to buy actual seats not just request a section. This is a change from previous years.

3. The Ryans are driving the bus for how tix will be priced in the new stadium. I asked my rep to repeat himself twice.

The Ryan’s donated 700m to the new stadium and the athletic department will work with them to decide on tix price. Contribution costs etc.

I was shocked but maybe we shouldn’t be. The Ryan’s run Northwestern.

Reactions: ricko654321
I'm shocked to hear the Ryans are interested in being involved at such a granular level.

Sounds like we have the same rep and I concur with you assessment of low level of enthusiasm.

He's a hire gun that probably gets paid on commission and he was expecting to make all these 'big sales' for the new stadium. Instead he has to deal with day to day complaints from ticket holders.
He has no interest in building relationships with people. I was at a recent donor event and he just sat in the corner with other the other ticket reps. Made no effort to engage with his 'clients.

When the stadium is finished he'll be move on.

Just another example of the transactional nature of things.

Reactions: T_Levine
Sounds like we have the same rep and I concur with you assessment of low level of enthusiasm.

He's a hire gun that probably gets paid on commission and he was expecting to make all these 'big sales' for the new stadium. Instead he has to deal with day to day complaints from ticket holders.
He has no interest in building relationships with people. I was at a recent donor event and he just sat in the corner with other the other ticket reps. Made no effort to engage with his 'clients.

When the stadium is finished he'll be move on.

Just another example of the transactional nature of things.
Can’t blame him if he tests the ticketing agent portal. But yeah, personal relationships and customer service is a lost art these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT