ADVERTISEMENT

Former NU recruit Paul White transferring from G'Town

rwhitney014

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2007
Whitney Young grad whom Hardy landed at Georgetown hasn't gotten much playing time, but he was a national top-40 recruit who had interest in us at one point. I would think he would have to sit a year and then would have two years of eligibility. Wonder if we'll check in.

Source, among others:

Whitney Young grad whom Hardy landed at Georgetown hasn't gotten much playing time, but he was a national top-40 recruit who had interest in us at one point. I would think he would have to sit a year and then would have two years of eligibility. Wonder if we'll check in.

Source, among others:

We certainly don't have a scholarship to offer him for 2016, and you have to sit out 1 academic year before being eligible. If he enrolled at NU he'd have to pay his own way this school year in order to be eligible in 2017-18.

We certainly don't have a scholarship to offer him for 2016, and you have to sit out 1 academic year before being eligible. If he enrolled at NU he'd have to pay his own way this school year in order to be eligible in 2017-18.

Too late to cut Taphorn or Lumpkin loose, huh? That was our plan if Barry came, wasn't it?

Unless Vassar transfers

Source, among others:

He played a lot as a Freshman but little last season. Was he injured?

Anybody want to bet he ends up at Georgia Tech?

This one has grade issues written all over it. Nobody transfers in August.

Anybody want to bet he ends up at Georgia Tech?

This one has grade issues written all over it. Nobody transfers in August.

Why? Unless he took summer courses necessary to raise his GPA and failed to get it up, why would he wait until August to transfer. I honestly don't know anymore - but I thought you become athletically ineligible, impacting a number of aspects, immediately when GPA falls. Presumably, this would have happened in May and some news of it would have leaked out.

He was recruited by us, got into Georgetown - a pretty good school and had a year off due to injury allowing more time for academics. Not sure if buy into that theory of grades. Let's see where he ends up. Maybe his late announcement will handcuff him a bit and maybe he will sit out a year at JUCO or something to see what opens up. It would be a nice use for a 2017 schollie if it could only wait a year...

BTW, he has four star recruits all around him including a high 4 (almost five in Copeland). Unless he could play C, there is a ton of quality talent at the 4. He is in practice - perhaps he simply knows that his star will not shine against all that talent at any time at GT. It would make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT