ADVERTISEMENT

Four-star, Rivals250 RB Jirehl Brock breaks down his Top 3 for WR

Northwestern has a great chance to land this guy. Likely down to Minny and Wildcats. This would be big get for staff. Iowa told him they no longer had room for him and ND also told him no room. I think this kid wants to grab a scholly spot sooner than later. Go Cats!

Northwestern has a great chance to land this guy. Likely down to Minny and Wildcats. This would be big get for staff. Iowa told him they no longer had room for him and ND also told him no room. I think this kid wants to grab a scholly spot sooner than later. Go Cats!

ND wants him to slow down his recruitment and visit them in the fall.

He is not going to wait. "Row the Boat" man is pushing hard. The Brock family was very mad that Iowa pulled his offer and said they were full at RB. He wants to lock a spot for himself. My concern is that Golden Dumbers will try and take him later. Glad for early signing period. Go Cats!

Four-star, Rivals250 RB Jirehl Brock analyzes his top three schools and his upcoming decision for WildcatReport.

Brock breaks down his final three ($)
Watched some of the tape. He looks strong. More like a power + speed, 1-2 cut and go type runner. Nice patience though, could do well in our zone read schemes. DeMarco Murray like style (that's an aspirational comparison obviously), different than the shifty JJ / Larkin style. Could be a nice complement if Larkin were still around when he joins.

He is not going to wait. "Row the Boat" man is pushing hard. The Brock family was very mad that Iowa pulled his offer and said they were full at RB. He wants to lock a spot for himself. My concern is that Golden Dumbers will try and take him later. Glad for early signing period. Go Cats!
I think whoever Brock commits to should possible be worried that he is just committing to lock up an offer, and continue shopping this fall when some other big name schools are looking for there plan B players. It wouldn't surprise me since Purdue and Iowa both pulled offers, he may feel desperate to at least get an offer locked up.

Iowa has a couple of RBs that are ranked just below Brock. If he wanted to be there, he could have been. I don't understand why the family would be mad.

For NU, that's just one less school in the Brock sweepstakes.

I'm with Fitz on the commitment business - any commitment to NU must be real.

Brock would likely back up at TSISB, so the existing high-interest offers look better.

I hope the recruiters and Ayeni handle this one just right. Looks like the strongest RB on the NU radar.

His parent were not happy when Iowa pulled his scholly offer and said they would not be paying for his official visit to Iowa City. Weeks before, Iowa told him they had two spots available and first two guys to commit got the spots. They got a commitment from a Jr College RB with 3 years left to play. Then, they got a silent commitment from a RB out of Georgia (Goodson). He is announcing July 6th. The coaches told JB sorry but we are done at RB. This early signing day is helping the "non-blue blood" programs. I think it should help NU with Brock! Go get'm Fitz! This guy is a stud!

Iowa has a couple of RBs that are ranked just below Brock. If he wanted to be there, he could have been. I don't understand why the family would be mad.

For NU, that's just one less school in the Brock sweepstakes.

I'm with Fitz on the commitment business - any commitment to NU must be real.

Brock would likely back up at TSISB, so the existing high-interest offers look better.

I hope the recruiters and Ayeni handle this one just right. Looks like the strongest RB on the NU radar.
Losing recruits because of some made-up commitment business, seems to hurt NU in the long run. The only real commitment is when a LOI is signed.

Losing recruits because of some made-up commitment business, seems to hurt NU in the long run. The only real commitment is when a LOI is signed.

And how many verbal commitments for NU did not sign their early LOI this past recruiting cycle?

Any decent PR hack or journo will tell you that bad news comes out Friday at 5, during a holiday week if you can swing it.

Hopefully the Brock family is simply bad at PR. Go Cats.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I know he’s just a high school kid enjoying his experience in the process, but the narcissism on display is getting to be a bit much. Nothing that a few years in college being 4 on the depth chart can’t cure.

Narcissism? Seriously?

Ok. How about “attention seeking?”
It’s weird that this is the announcement that would cause such a reaction from you.

“Hey friends - I’m making an announcement at my high school gym. Come if you want. [Also, grown-ass men obsess about this decision. They analyze my build without feeling like creeps. I’m 17.]”

I know he’s just a high school kid enjoying his experience in the process, but the narcissism on display is getting to be a bit much. Nothing that a few years in college being 4 on the depth chart can’t cure.

I'd like to think it isn't all about the player. His school, friends and family are proud of him. He has contributed to the success of their football program and the esteem of the school. Everyone who attends has been and be will vicariously living a bit of the success through him. It is a celebration of a hero. Hometown boy does good.

How much did I enjoy the recent interview with CT and how many of us posted "Best wishes" for his wedding day. He wouldn't know me if I sat next to him on a bus.

I doubt anyone will be fired to attend his announcement.

I think I’m just tired of all the drawn out drama on this. Maybe I should just stop reading the thread.
You have a good point there. He has been discussed often here and more on the rock. There have been many twists and turns but not much of substance for fans and a couple of tough changes for him which weren't really fun to read about cease it was tough on the kid.

I do wonder if this drawn out timeline may become more common.

You have a good point there. He has been discussed often here and more on the rock. There have been many twists and turns but not much of substance for fans and a couple of tough changes for him which weren't really fun to read about cease it was tough on the kid.

I do wonder if this drawn out timeline may become more common.

This is a drawn out timeline? It’s barely July.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Jirehl Brock will announce his decision at 5 pm on Friday

"I will be announcing where I’ve decided to continue my academic and athletic career Friday at 5 o’clock in the gym at Quincy Senior High School. Open to the public. Please come out and support."

Tea Leaves:

I do like that he gave equal weight to the word "academic" in that announcement. Bodes well for NU.

"I will be announcing where I’ve decided to continue my academic and athletic career Friday at 5 o’clock in the gym at Quincy Senior High School. Open to the public. Please come out and support."

Tea Leaves:

I do like that he gave equal weight to the word "academic" in that announcement. Bodes well for NU.

You’re being serious right now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT