ADVERTISEMENT

Four-star, Rivals250 RB Jirehl Brock breaks down his Top 3 for WR

What are folks getting worked up about? Let the kid have his day in the sun. No big deal. I doubt he is going to select NU, but it has nothing to do with him setting an announcement time for friends and family to attend.
I like a humble guy and all of that but I just can't begrudge a kids day in the sun.

Reactions: NUCat320
OK folks. I made a dumb comment about JB. What I was really trying to say is that I am weary of this saga, and I imagine that many of you are. I am glad it will be resolved soon. I concluded a while ago that NU was not in the picture, and so the tweets and continued air time here rubbed me the wrong way. And that Mercedes pic--whatever (maybe I am just envious because I drive a 2009 Rabbit). In fact, I don't think our 2019 RB has even been offered yet, as I am not real confident Peat (SU) or Young.

But I realize it has nothing to do with JB, and I don't begrudge him his time in the sun. I hope he does well at ISU or Minny-whichever he chooses. He is a good player.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
OK folks. I made a dumb comment about JB. What I was really trying to say is that I am weary of this saga, and I imagine that many of you are. I am glad it will be resolved soon. I concluded a while ago that NU was not in the picture, and so the tweets and continued air time here rubbed me the wrong way. And that Mercedes pic--whatever (maybe I am just envious because I drive a 2009 Rabbit). In fact, I don't think our 2019 RB has even been offered yet, as I am not real confident Peat (SU) or Young.

But I realize it has nothing to do with JB, and I don't begrudge him his time in the sun. I hope he does well at ISU or Minny-whichever he chooses. He is a good player.
Interesting. I’d never heard of him until Monday. Seems like a talented kid.

I mean, if he chooses anywhere else than clearly this tweet was a lie. </s>
Why? It is academics not ours.
Iowa has a couple of RBs that are ranked just below Brock. If he wanted to be there, he could have been. I don't understand why the family would be mad.

For NU, that's just one less school in the Brock sweepstakes.

I'm with Fitz on the commitment business - any commitment to NU must be real.

Brock would likely back up at TSISB, so the existing high-interest offers look better.

I hope the recruiters and Ayeni handle this one just right. Looks like the strongest RB on the NU radar.
Sense of entitlement

Odenigbo, and Jordan Mabin (I think, it was some DB from years ago) both did the hat dance party stuff, so this is incorrect
The famous pre-emptive sour grapes. We don’t like “hat dance kids” anyway; except I guess the ones who come to NU. Not much worse then grown men or women obsessing over where a teenager is going to go to college and then anonymously dogging the kid for taking too long or having a little fun with his high school buddies.

While the hat dances are a bit much, many of these announcements are a way for the student to thank all the friends, family, teachers and coaches that have supported their journey, which seems pretty nice - to share the moment.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I think JB and Walter are committing to NU tomorrow...

**Lets see how well this post ages** lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT