ADVERTISEMENT

FSU coach Mike Norvell locker room speech after his team loses Orange Bowl by 60 points -

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I’ve gained a ton of respect for Norvell over the past few weeks.

The live camera of the FSU room when the selection committee picked Bama tells you all you need to know. He’s sitting down, he dips his head for half a second and then immediately stands up in front of the room to address his men.

He had every right to sit and sulk and let his players do the same and he chose to lead.

Last edited:
I’ve gained a ton of respect for Norvell over the past few weeks.

The live camera of the FSU room when the selection committee picked Bama tells you all you need to know. He’s sitting down, he dips his head for half a second and then immediately stands up in front of the room to address his men.

He had every right to sit and sulk and let his players do the same and he chose to lead.

Definitely would run through a wall for that guy if the rest of his coaching matches those words.

Reactions: GoUPurple
Am I missing something? That was after a 63-3 blowout, correct? They went out there and laid an egg just like KSU did in 1997 against Purdue. The time to make those speeches is before getting blown out.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I am sure he had a pregame speech too.

But I was watching the game and thinking to myself, dang, what does a coach say to his squad after something like this? How does he not "lose the team".

The fact that they cheered and applauded after his address shows he got it done. I salute him. My boys don't have the body build to play the game (plus we live overseas, they don't know the game!), but if they were recruits after considering schools I would have no problem with that man being their football guide for four years.

Well done, coach.

I am sure he had a pregame speech too.

But I was watching the game and thinking to myself, dang, what does a coach say to his squad after something like this? How does he not "lose the team".

The fact that they cheered and applauded after his address shows he got it done. I salute him. My boys don't have the body build to play the game (plus we live overseas, they don't know the game!), but if they were recruits after considering schools I would have no problem with that man being their football guide for four years.

Well done, coach.
Except his team just did the exact opposite of what he was preaching. I must be missing something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT