ADVERTISEMENT

FYI - Yavuz Gultekin commits to VTech

BleedingPurple15

Oct 3, 2017
New York, NY
BpCoM1tAV97

I thought Yavuz would be a good get because his tape showed a pretty tough kid who wasn't bothered by contact.

With that said, the guy we got jumps off the screen with his athleticism and I'm really pleased how this turned out.

CCC and staff had cooled on him and wasn't planning on him moving forward. I am not saying he wouldn't have picked the hokies anyway, but from a NU standpoint this isn't a big blow or a miss
I thought with our other gets, he was less of a priority and that Roddy fit our needs better at this point

I thought with our other gets, he was less of a priority and that Roddy fit our needs better at this point

I still always prefer to go with "best available," but that being said I'm not sure the difference is wide enough between Yavuz and Roddy to really make that sort of call.

There doesn't seem to be a firm backup plan after Roddy, which is a tad concerning...

I still always prefer to go with "best available," but that being said I'm not sure the difference is wide enough between Yavuz and Roddy to really make that sort of call.

There doesn't seem to be a firm backup plan after Roddy, which is a tad concerning...
We did not see some of the ones coming that did. Just because we do not see the backup plan does not mean there isn't one

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

You’re kidding, right? One thing I’ve learned is that CCC always has a backup plan.

At some point we are going to see a stealth recruit pop out of nowhere. The current situation....solid class already committed....mid Fall....two spots open....lots and lots of uncommitted top 150 talent.....hit a lot of the criteria.

This staff is tireless and works it nonstop. A kid is available or suddenly becomes available....the kid qualifies academically....he connects with staff likes what he hears.....and then gets wooed by collins. Sorta the Vassar scenario, but the kid is a legit high four or five star stud.

Just a matter of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT