ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2

The opposition looks like Division 3 level, but it’s good preseason vibes for the team.

I miss Marathon Oil.
Got to watch UTEP defeat the Harlem Globetrotters the last (I think?) year that the NCAA allowed these barnstorming games. Not many people can say they got to see the Globetrotters LOSE in person.

(Globetrotters defeated everybody else that season including Syracuse.)

Reactions: NUCat320
Still nice to start playing with each other and meshing and younger/new guys developing. Excited for the season

Got to watch UTEP defeat the Harlem Globetrotters the last (I think?) year that the NCAA allowed these barnstorming games. Not many people can say they got to see the Globetrotters LOSE in person.

(Globetrotters defeated everybody else that season including Syracuse.)
I saw the Globetrotters at the Trenton Armory in the late 50's , featuring Meadowlark Lemon and a Kansas dropout named Wilt Chamberlain. Red Klotz did not stand a chance

Whether the level of competition is high or not doesn't really matter though right? Reps with each other, grow as a team, that's what matters. Get to know how to play together. Especially when the key to our success isn't going to be "out-talenting" other teams. Our secret sauce is going to have to be playing together with guys who fit into a sum being more than its parts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT