ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Michigan vs. NU

I’d like to be mad at Boo for not passing, but the way the rest of the team is playing, I can’t blame him.

Reactions: drewjin
Get Boo and Chase out. Not our night. Team is gassed. Sunday is damn near must win. Save some legs while we have the chance.

Should’ve pulled them at the 10 minute mark

• Love
Gonna go find a For Sale sign and stick it on Collins' lawn, Friday Night Lights style.

I don’t know what’s going on for them, but Boo and Chase are making some bad decisions tonight.

The rebounding really brings me back to the aughts when the team would defend to the extent of the shot clock, cause a terrible shot, and then let them get an east rebound and score.

Get some rebounds guys.

• Sad
Get Boo and Chase out. Not our night. Team is gassed. Sunday is damn near must win. Save some legs while we have the chance.

Should’ve pulled them at the 10 minute mark
Legs or no legs, getting blown out at home by this Michigan team is really poor. You can count on NU hoops faltering when there are expectations almost every time.

Listen. Chill pill.
The way he’s managed minutes the last 3 games has been beyond horrible. Minnesota chase and boo both played 37 minutes when that game was never in doubt, staters should’ve been pulled after the 4 pt play in IC and having the starters in now is idiotic.

We that embarrassment is over.

I’m entertained that Michigan kept starters in to the end.

The way he’s managed minutes the last 3 games has been beyond horrible. Minnesota chase and boo both played 37 minutes when that game was never in doubt, staters should’ve been pulled after the 4 pt play in IC and having the starters in now is idiotic.
I’m not saying Collins is above criticism, that this wasn’t a pathetic performance, that it wasn’t a very harmful loss, or that it’s impossible this is the start of the annual meltdown to the end. I AM saying they could go out and simply beat Wisconsin in a couple days and be back in just fine shape. It’s too early to declare them dead. Let’s at least try to enjoy them being in the mix for a couple more weeks here.

If they’ve blown this at the end of the year and had more games like today… I’ll be right there next to you calling for changes in our program, just like I was last year.

I’m not saying Collins is above criticism, that this wasn’t a pathetic performance, that it wasn’t a very harmful loss, or that it’s impossible this is the start of the annual meltdown to the end. I AM saying they could go out and simply beat Wisconsin in a couple days and be back in just fine shape. It’s too early to declare them dead. Let’s at least try to enjoy them being in the mix for a couple more weeks here.

If they’ve blown this at the end of the year and had more games like today… I’ll be right there next to you calling for changes in our program, just like I was last year.
It’s a total overreaction to be ready to fire Collins, I own that. I’m not real optimistic about Sunday though, especially after the past two second halves so I’m not real optimistic about the Tourney chances at this point.

It’s a total overreaction to be ready to fire Collins, I own that. I’m not real optimistic about Sunday though, especially after the past two second halves so I’m not real optimistic about the Tourney chances at this point.
I agree that firing Collins tonight would be an overreaction.

Because of covid, this schedule is not normal. You had to figure there would be some fatigue setting in.

you don't see teams playing 3 times a week, along with school.

Players are doing what the can and hopefully they can pull out some games and get to the NIT.

It you want to fire Collins that's fine, but remember that the next time you miss a couple of days from work and a project at your job slips. Your boss should fire you too. Life happens.

Being concerned about Sunday is also really fair. We sorta get a final chance to recover at Columbus after that, and then a final final miracle opportunity to recover by beating Purdue. That’s about the time I’m willing to go full panic rage mode.

Being concerned about Sunday is also really fair. We sorta get a final chance to recover at Columbus after that, and then a final final miracle opportunity to recover by beating Purdue. That’s about the time I’m willing to go full panic rage mode.
Yeah I agree. I looked it up and Chase and Boo are 8th and 9th in total minutes played the last 2 weeks. Chase appeared to hit a wall yesterday and I think if Boo hits one Sunday we could be in deep doo doo.

At least after Sunday we have a regular rest time between games.

Reactions: AdamOnFirst
Roper is not a starter. Make up your mind. You have to put five guys out there. Should Roper play? Or should the starters play? Do you want us to just go back to the locker room with 5 minutes left?
The why were starters there is a pretty irrelevant argument.

Distinct possibility the coach does not want to send out vibes that he is giving up. Fight to the end.

It's a subject that matters are much as whether dad stinks. Well, I had to share this, as it's too precious not to

ADVERTISEMENT