ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Wisconsin

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (15-7, 6-5 Big Ten) is on the road tonight at Wisconsin (13-8, 5-6 Big Ten). The Wildcats are looking to sweep the Badgers for the first time in the 21st century and pick up a win that is crucial for keeping their tournament hopes alive. The game tips off at 5:30 p.m. on BTN.

This feels must-win to me. I don't want the recent positives to disappear completely - NU needs to right the ship. More importantly, with other potential bubble teams like Penn State and Ohio State losing this weekend, NU needs to keep Wisconsin off the bubble. I'm not saying the Big Ten will definitely get nine teams, but if it comes down to NU and Wisconsin as that ninth team and one team swept the other...well, that's nice.

Northwestern (15-7, 6-5 Big Ten) is on the road tonight at Wisconsin (13-8, 5-6 Big Ten). The Wildcats are looking to sweep the Badgers for the first time in the 21st century and pick up a win that is crucial for keeping their tournament hopes alive. The game tips off at 5:30 p.m. on BTN.
We got too much leg 🦵 speed for these dudes! Let’s break em! Audige looks ready

Or he can float one off the glass over the tall guy, and then have a nice assist on the break.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
Sure, he wasn’t shouting, but Robbie Hummel has now given us the catchphrase, “and Matthew Nicholson’s hangin’ on rims.”

Big Nick got clobbered on an offensive rebound then gets a foul called on him. Crowl loves to flop!!!

Last edited:
It's too easy to swipe the ball out of MN's hands down in the post it's really frustrating because with his size he should be bullying people down there

I was just thinking "why don't we ever try to go 2-for-1?" in the closing minute of halves. And I'm gonna assume that wild Beran 3 attempt was just that.

Barney was a rebounding machine before the bad shot! I guess his enthusiasm just got the better of him there. Also, poor defense that allowed Wisky to make the final shot.

Reactions: NUCat320
And now the teams are even on weird backcourt violations. Maybe this one spurs a Cats run after the TO.

Gimme some second-half Martinelli minutes here.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT