ADVERTISEMENT

Game Tonight/Women

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
anyone out there going to the exhibition tonight and give us a report? Women won their first over W-W Parkside

My son's team played MSU last night. Granted they didn't prepare, but they gave their starters (except for Akins) pretty heavy minutes and Sparty has some work to do. They didn't shut down dribble drives or rebound the way they usually do. They have some serious talent in the middle but it's young.

Reactions: NUCat320
I ticked the box that disables auto renew. Problem solved for me. One month a year is enough!
Less than a minute after signing up I cancelled it to avoid the dreaded auto renew.

Purdue game showing right now has no sound and image has been cut multiple times. Last year’s first NU game had no image for most of the first half. Can’t imagine how dumb I’d feel if I renewed this.

11 minutes into the first half. The cats aren’t looking good to me. They should overpower these guys, but everyone looks slow and out of sync. The stuff that’s working is largely because of the competition.

Berry's defense is terrible. Out of position multiple times which lead to baskets by the other team. Then he missed his 4 threes which led to bad body language.. Hunger looked lost which surprised me. I should have listened to you guys.

Floor spacing in offense is bad which led to some turnovers. They are over driving on the screen and not being patient

Nice to see when mistakes are made players are taken out and other coaches are trying to review their mistake.

Since Roper is out, would like to see the starters with Brooks instead of Berry

May not look like it but they have a chance this year.

Audige is nice, love his patience. Robbie is playing well. Needs to be more aggressive on offense.

Starting to run floppy sets this half. If they can figure it out will open the floor.

Looks Lowry has had an impact on the defense, seems like players that made defensive mistakes are sitting.

Also would like to see Matt in. Thought he was ,owing well.

Audige is the best player, but Verhoeven is the most important. He is the only guy who plays like a Big on the team. Sadly, Big Matt needs work.....

Last edited:
Boo and Berry were terrible. Verhoeven, Barnhizer and Audige were pretty good. Beran and Matt were so-so. Believe we're headed for another long season

• Sad
Reactions: DaCat
Audige is the best player, but Verhoeven is the most important.
Audige was clearly the best player on the court tonight, both offensively and defensively. Boo played much better in the second half. Barnhizer can shoot well and has good ball skills. We are really going to struggle to score inside this year. I don't think either freshman is going to help much. We'll know more when we face a stronger team like Chicago State or Northern Illinois.

(+)

Audige seemed more composed.

Barnhizer seemed more assertive.

Verhoven might not be terrible.

Big Matt does not seems as foul prone.

(-)

Buie was awful. I believe last season or the prior, he also had a game against these types of teams where he scored like 2 points.

Berry was awful.

We only scored 69 points against Quincy.

We are going to get absolutely hammered inside.

---------------------------------

It's an exhibition game. Not worth concluding anything, just impressions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT