ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Bowl on BTN now...

It's the hour version. I hope they don't edit out the shot of me and Mr Shakes high five-ing everyone.

NVH's pick on the first drive never gets old...
That was where you could really see that their quarterback was not expecting our defensive backs to be as fast as they were. I think that pick with NVH covering so much ground while the ball was in the air got into the quarterback's head and never left.

Reactions: rmndcat
That was where you could really see that their quarterback was not expecting our defensive backs to be as fast as they were. I think that pick with NVH covering so much ground while the ball was in the air got into the quarterback's head and never left.

The MSU QB was rattled and made poor decisions like taking a sack on the final 4th down. I wonder if we can do that to the TN QB?

The MSU QB was rattled and made poor decisions like taking a sack on the final 4th down. I wonder if we can do that to the TN QB?
I think Mississippi State had a piss poor offensive game plan. I believe they felt that their great SEC WRs would have their way with the slow Big Ten DBs. They obviously didn't. On top of that, I believe that William's pick 6 on the opening drive hurt Russell's confidence. On top of all of that, NU building a quick 13 point lead, forced leading Mississippi State to pass more than they should. The running game was effective averaging 5.6 yards per carry with sack yardage.

I think Mississippi State had a piss poor offensive game plan. I believe they felt that their great SEC WRs would have their way with the slow Big Ten DBs. They obviously didn't.
That is what it looked like to me also. The idea was so ingrained in them that they would be significantly faster than we were and that their WRs would be getting lots of separation that they had no real Plan B set up. I think also that our secondary had looked like a weakness at the end of a couple of games that year and they thought they could take advantage of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT