ADVERTISEMENT

Gaz to Green Bay?

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
Historically, our DL dudes have been underrated in the NFL draft. But Green Bay and Murphy have seen a positive path by plucking Lancaster and Lowry. My bet is that the pack snatches Gaz because he is really down on all list of the NFL experts, imo.

Historically, our DL dudes have been underrated in the NFL draft. But Green Bay and Murphy have seen a positive path by plucking Lancaster and Lowry. My bet is that the pack snatches Gaz because he is really down on all list of the NFL experts, imo.
Nothing against Gaz, or Green Bay, but I don't think lightening will strike three times in the same place.
I'm not great evaluator of talent but Gaz seemed to have at least as much if not more impact than Lanny or Lowry at NU so I would think someone would pick him up.

Nothing against Gaz, or Green Bay, but I don't think lightening will strike three times in the same place.
I'm not great evaluator of talent but Gaz seemed to have at least as much if not more impact than Lanny or Lowry at NU so I would think someone would pick him up.

I think non combine players will have an even harder time getting drafted this year due to the Coronavirus. The inability on the part of NFL teams to bring in players for individual workouts and interviews pre draft will cause NFL teams to gravitate to players who they were able to scrutinize (including medicals) at the combine. I also think smaller school players will also be at a disadvantage during this draft for the same reasons.

Read to recent full 7 round draft projections and he was not in either one

What's the knock against Gaz as an NFL player?

Tweener. Too slow for OLB in a 3-4, not athletic enough for a rush DE in a 4-3, too small for a three technique 4-3 DT or five technique 3-4 DE. I think with some work in the weight room he’ll carve out a spot in the latter role.

Reactions: JournCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT