ADVERTISEMENT

Gaz

For those who don't know, Alec is the ambassador for Shriners Hospital that you see on the TV. I'm happy to hear that he'll be attending NU!
I have seen that commercial and Alec comes across well spoken. I foresee him attaining his aspiration. Fax is a rock star.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
All that's missing from that video is a "Go Cats!" from Alec.

The Shriner's Hospital provide world class orthopaedic care for kids with profound problems-all at no cost to the families. I use the Philadelphia Shriner's Hospital and they will take on almost all pediatric orthopaedic complexities. They provide transportation from N. Virginia to Philly with no questions asked

I believe Alec has osteogenesis imperfecta, "brittle bone disease", hence the small stature
Osteogenesis Impecfecta has variable penetration with the most severe form resulting in " in utero" death with the mildest form associated with fractures from lesser trauma
I took care of a youngster., "Jose" for many years with severe OI. He probably suffered 5-6 long bone fractures a year, with each one resulting in a little more deformity. I contacted The Shriner's and they took care of Jose until he moved to California. Jose's mom contacted me years later to tell me Jose had become a doctor. However, Jose's memories of me are probably only associated with pain. Jose's mom used to "pay" me with straw mats and other handicrafts-it was an appreciated gesture

The Shriner's Hospital provide world class orthopaedic care for kids with profound problems-all at no cost to the families. I use the Philadelphia Shriner's Hospital and they will take on almost all pediatric orthopaedic complexities. They provide transportation from N. Virginia to Philly with no questions asked

I believe Alec has osteogenesis imperfecta, "brittle bone disease", hence the small stature
Osteogenesis Impecfecta has variable penetration with the most severe form resulting in " in utero" death with the mildest form associated with fractures from lesser trauma
I took care of a youngster., "Jose" for many years with severe OI. He probably suffered 5-6 long bone fractures a year, with each one resulting in a little more deformity. I contacted The Shriner's and they took care of Jose until he moved to California. Jose's mom contacted me years later to tell me Jose had become a doctor. However, Jose's memories of me are probably only associated with pain. Jose's mom used to "pay" me with straw mats and other handicrafts-it was an appreciated gesture

Doc you're a good man.

As someone who dealt with some orthopedic difficulties as a child, I can assure you that Jose likely recalls you as the doctor who helped him through the pain. His mother likely reinforced this if the topic of your medical work ever came up. Thank you for helping him.

Hey doc, this is a wonderful and inspirational post. Hats off to you and the Shrine Hospitals. We have a Shrine Orthopedic Hospital in Erie, and it is one of the finest facilities I have ever had the privilege of representing. See you in the Fall.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
He doesn’t fit an NFL archetype. Doesn’t mean he can’t have an NFL career.

The number of non combine players drafted is pretty low. He could be one of them but statistically the odds of gettin drafted drop significantly without a combine invite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT