ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready for all the complaining bc Purdue and IU are sold out.

tickets or not, they should require all fans to sing the NU fight song b4 getting in and mark their hands with a purple marker..and .say Eschmeyer 10 times fast.....they should paint the urinals purple....

Just hope they didn't sell the extra seats in the student section. Two full sections will provide a lot of counterbalance!

Scary data point: I bought a ticket on StubHub for the Purdue game. During the checkout process, it asked me which team I was rooting for. The results of the poll indicated that 80%+ of respondents had answered "Purdue."

Obviously, no students or season ticket holders are included, so this could be predicted to skew heavily towards the visiting team. But still...I really hope that I'm not surround by black and gold on Sunday...

Them boys and girls clubs are about to get a surprise

Rick Astley Dancing GIF

Reactions: NUCat320
Scary data point: I bought a ticket on StubHub for the Purdue game. During the checkout process, it asked me which team I was rooting for. The results of the poll indicated that 80%+ of respondents had answered "Purdue."

Obviously, no students or season ticket holders are included, so this could be predicted to skew heavily towards the visiting team. But still...I really hope that I'm not surround by black and gold on Sunday...
Don’t worry, you’ll be surrounded by black and gold either way!

If any NU fans complain they need to look in the mirror. I forget exactly when single game B10 seats went on sale but I believe it's been at least 4 months. They had every opportunity to purchase.

I agree. Now I get that Purdue fans will be out in droves bc they are No. 1 and Indiana has won two straight and believe they are a final four team now. Also, the game times are not the most attractive. I just think that a few NU people are on the fence because one game is before the super bowl and the other is a late start (which sucks). I also know that the TV fans complaining about the crowd make up are gonna be out in force as will the inevitable pictures of the Wilson Club seating on Twitter. This was just to give those posters - and they know who they are - notice that this a black and gold invasion will hit Sunday followed by a Crimson wave on Wednesday.

I agree. Now I get that Purdue fans will be out in droves bc they are No. 1 and Indiana has won two straight and believe they are a final four team now. Also, the game times are not the most attractive. I just think that a few NU people are on the fence because one game is before the super bowl and the other is a late start (which sucks). I also know that the TV fans complaining about the crowd make up are gonna be out in force as will the inevitable pictures of the Wilson Club seating on Twitter. This was just to give those posters - and they know who they are - notice that this a black and gold invasion will hit Sunday followed by a Crimson wave on Wednesday.
Who do you think you are trying to pre-empt my god-given right to complain about something!! 🤬

Look, this is how it is: WR is a neutral venue against large/traveling fanbase Big Ten opponents, with a home court advantage thanks to students. When the Cats are decent/good, the students and other purple turnout increases a bit, but the visiting tickets are generally sold early. Against non-travel fan bases, the place can get overwhelmingly purple and even louder.

This will always be the case unless and until NU is good for *years.* I don’t know if that’s possible or realistic, but it’s the truth. I’ll say that the unprecedented student support this season is absolutely awesome & makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Look, this is how it is: WR is a neutral venue against large/traveling fanbase Big Ten opponents, with a home court advantage thanks to students. When the Cats decent/good, the students and other purple turnout increases a bit, but the visiting tickets are generally sold early. Against non-travel fan bases, the place can get overwhelmingly purple and even louder.

This will always be the case unless and until NU is good for *years.* I don’t know if that’s possible or realistic, but it’s the truth. I’ll say that the unprecedented student support this season is absolutely awesome & makes a huge difference.
You speak from the perspective of support. And that’s true. But home court advantage is not just that. Being used to the lights, angles of vision, rims, etc, is also an advantage. Familiarity brings an advantage.

I am sure this can be proven statistically with teams that play with (close) to no one in the stands.

You speak from the perspective of support. And that’s true. But home court advantage is not just that. Being used to the lights, angles of vision, rims, etc, is also an advantage. Familiarity brings an advantage
Hell, just sleeping in your own bed with your favorite pillow is a nice advantage over getting on a bus and maybe sleeping in a Red Roof Inn.

Look, this is how it is: WR is a neutral venue against large/traveling fanbase Big Ten opponents, with a home court advantage thanks to students. When the Cats are decent/good, the students and other purple turnout increases a bit, but the visiting tickets are generally sold early. Against non-travel fan bases, the place can get overwhelmingly purple and even louder.

Also, as has been said many times before.... NU has fewer alums in the Chicago-land area than many of our BIG brethren. We are located in the one major midwest city where many BIG alums settle. We are their one chance to see their alma maters play.

You speak from the perspective of support. And that’s true. But home court advantage is not just that. Being used to the lights, angles of vision, rims, etc, is also an advantage. Familiarity brings an advantage.

I am sure this can be proven statistically with teams that play with (close) to no one in the stands.
I would agree. Did you happen to notice the tomb that was PSU in their OT loss to Wisconsin last night? Going back many years to the time when I was a fairly decent high school player, there were teams in our region that refused to play us on our home court, which required the selection of a neutral site. And our City of Erie games were all played at the Gannon University Auditorium.

I would agree. Did you happen to notice the tomb that was PSU in their OT loss to Wisconsin last night? Going back many years to the time when I was a fairly decent high school player, there were teams in our region that refused to play us on our home court, which required the selection of a neutral site. And our City of Erie games were all played at the Gannon University Auditorium.
I did not, but always found it weird to see PSU games on TV. It always felt, indeed, like a tomb. Not sure how that's possible on TV, but that's how it feels. It's a big place, but it's still weird that it's palpable through the telly

Close games against teams that travel well are a blast. They feel like a high school super sectional game, which isn’t the best home court advantage but sure is fun.

The last game I attended at W-R was a MSU blowout — longer ago than I realized. That was not fun.

I did not, but always found it weird to see PSU games on TV. It always felt, indeed, like a tomb. Not sure how that's possible on TV, but that's how it feels. It's a big place, but it's still weird that it's palpable through the telly
I went to a NU game there on New Years Eve, 2008. Attendance was about 3,500 in a big, modern arena. Zero home court edge. 'Cats lost anyway,

Reactions: No Chores
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT