ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready for The Foundation: Expect Victory

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I got a sneak peek as a media member of the first episode of The Foundation: Expect Victory. You guys are going to love it. It goes through all the highlights of the Notre Dame game while players and coaches comment about it. They provide a ton of great insight and background stories.

They got just about everybody for this thing: Fitz, Gary Barnett, Chris Martin, Steve Schnur, D'Wayne Bates, Casey Dailey, Paul Burton, Jerry Brown, Justin Chabot, Rob Johnson, Dave Beazley, Sam Valenzisi, and more.

Episode 1 will be available tomorrow on NUSports.com at 8 pm CT. Then, Episodes 2-8 will air on BTN on Sunday starting at 1 pm CT.

Set your DVRs, guys!

All the details are here

Lou, as a back up plan in the awful event we have no season our west lot crew is going to watch ‘95 season home games as a replacement (ND win will replace you know which game). I found ND win in its entirety on YouTube. Any suggestions on locating other complete Victories? Thx.

Three , OK four, technical questions regarding viewing episode one tomorrow.

Correct me if I am wrong, but all I need to do is go to NUSports.com and I can see episode one without making sure my cable provider has this program available in its video on demand offerings? (Will it also be separately available as a free video on demand program from at least some cable providers? There is a video on demand button on my Tivo remote that the cable company supplied me but I have never tried to use it.

Of course I will be limited to seeing it on a computer or tablet rather than a TV unless I learn how to activate the mirroring features?

Final question, I see Video on Demand is usually not recordable. Is there a way to record and/or go back to NUSports.com after the 8pm CT airing and see episode one?

Correct me if I am wrong, but all I need to do is go to NUSports.com and I can see episode one without making sure my cable provider has this program available in its video on demand offerings? (Will it also be separately available as a free video on demand program from at least some cable providers? There is a video on demand button on my Tivo remote that the cable company supplied me but I have never tried to use it.

Of course I will be limited to seeing it on a computer or tablet rather than a TV unless I learn how to activate the mirroring features?

Final question, I see Video on Demand is usually not recordable. Is there a way to record and/or go back to NUSports.com after the 8pm CT airing and see episode one?
If you have an HDMI cord, most laptops should be able to be put it on your TV without mirroring.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

If you can figure out how to upload personal photos to a Rivals message board, you can surely figure out how to mirror from your phone to your television. Do you have an iPhone and AppleTV?

The episodes are usually posted in full on YouTube either the same day or the day after they air on TV.

You wanna know how to watch these episodes? Here's the answer from the series' producer, Rob Coons. He sent this to me to respond to your questions:

The first episode (Notre Dame) will be posted on to NUSports.com tonight at 8 pm CT. You do not need to authenticate or log-in to any subscription to watch, it is completely free and available to everyone, and will remain available on the website through Sunday. If someone wants to chromecast or use a HDMI cable to watch it on their TV they would be able to do that in the same manner they watch any video on a website.

Episodes 2-8 will air Sunday on BTN, beginning at 1 pm CT. They will also be available to authenticated users on the FOX Sports GO app during that live window. BTN may air them again at some point, although we have not had those discussions with them at this point.

After this week, we are planning to roll the series out again this fall with our partners at NBC Sports Chicago and all of the episodes will be available online at that time, as part of a larger celebration of the 25th anniversary that we have planned. It is possible that BTN would air them again between now and then, but we have not had that discussion with them yet. So those who are interested and able should set their DVRs for Sunday, but those who do not have access to BTN will eventually have the ability to watch the full series, just not for a few weeks.

I got a sneak peek as a media member of the first episode of The Foundation: Expect Victory. You guys are going to love it. It goes through all the highlights of the Notre Dame game while players and coaches comment about it. They provide a ton of great insight and background stories.

They got just about everybody for this thing: Fitz, Gary Barnett, Chris Martin, Steve Schnur, D'Wayne Bates, Casey Dailey, Paul Burton, Jerry Brown, Justin Chabot, Rob Johnson, Dave Beazley, Sam Valenzisi, and more.

Episode 1 will be available tomorrow on NUSports.com at 8 pm CT. Then, Episodes 2-8 will air on BTN on Sunday starting at 1 pm CT.

Set your DVRs, guys!

All the details are here

What about Matt Rice? I’d love to see him host a thread on the documentary to provide his perspectives on things if he was willing. A Wildcat Report exclusive if you will.

Fun to watch. Just reinforces that Fitz wants his teams to play just like the '95 team: hard ass defense and a punishing offense.

The first episode (Notre Dame) will be posted on to NUSports.com tonight at 8 pm CT.

I finally watched this episode and it's worth the hype. There were so many amazing clutch plays, not the least of which was @MRCat95 and the gang making the stop on 4th and 2 at the end of the game to basically end the hopes of ND.

By the way, what weight did @MRCat95 play at in that game? Didn't I see you get trucked on the first ND touchdown? ;) Of course you made up for it with some big plays like the sack of whiny Powlus.

Fun to watch. Just reinforces that Fitz wants his teams to play just like the '95 team: hard ass defense and a punishing offense.

Agreed. Hearing from so many in and close to the program added a unique perspective as well, especially with the game being played as they spoke. The included comments of the announcers at the end of the quarters were classic. For example going into the second the statement to those just tuning in as the scoreboard read 7-3 Northwestern, "There is no mistake on your screen." With NU still leading at the end of the half the statement was, "A shocking first half."

It was of note to learn that we were ranked 109th while Notre Dame was ranked 9th as we went into South Bend. Also of statistical interest was learning that a new point after record was set in that game for Northwestern at 37 consecutive kicks by Valenski. Amazing to learn that Bates had his first collegiate catch in that game as well as his first touchdown on that same play as he was being described as an unknown wide receiver who was dubbed as a "converted quarterback."

Lots of added color included by the producers with the telling of Steve Musso's appearance as Moses to lead the team out of the desert to The Promised Land and the shared belief from the players that recently deceased teammate Marcel Price was there to cause the untouched Notre Dame player to trip as the attempt to make a two point conversion to tie the game in the 4th failed.

ND was no slouch team in '95. They ended the season ranked 11th, at 9-3, losing only to #6 OSU, #8 NU and #4 FSU in their bowl game.

At the start of the game, they showed a graphic that Barnett was entering his fourth season as NU coach and his record was 8-24-1. That's 8 wins total in three years. He had doubled that win total by the 9th game of that 1995 season!

I finally watched this episode and it's worth the hype. There were so many amazing clutch plays, not the least of which was @MRCat95 and the gang making the stop on 4th and 2 at the end of the game to basically end the hopes of ND.

By the way, what weight did @MRCat95 play at in that game? Didn't I see you get trucked on the first ND touchdown? ;) Of course you made up for it with some big plays like the sack of whiny Powlus.

Good eye, DaCat!

If it’s the play I’m thinking of, I was playing over center on an outside zone play and motored all way the across the field. I had a lateral angle with no prayer on the tackle, but elected to lay out anyway. Not my play to make there, but what the hell. Give it a shot! I got him to the ground... Too bad it was a yard deep in the end zone. It’s a bad sign if you need a NT to make that play rather than the DE, 2-3 LBs or a safety...

I came into the season at ~270, but after Kenosha, etc. weighed in at ~255 the Sunday after that game. Coach B put on the mandatory “get up at 6:00 and eat breakfast” list after that. Shortly thereafter, I discovered Pappa Johns and got that weight back up to ~270 a few weeks later.

Set your DVRs, guys!

All the details are here

So Episodes 2-8 are only available on BTN? Any other way to view?

So all BTN content is on YouTube TV?

Hmm.... may need to subscribe.

I think both YouTube TV and Hulu TV are both geo-blocked, so if you're planning to watch from China, I think you're out of luck.

Good point about using a VPN to bypass the geo-blocking. Was the speed okay?

Didn't seem to impact the stream, and I had low expectations running on hotel wireless. I always use a VPN when accessing the Interweb on public networks. Too many bad actors out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT