ADVERTISEMENT

GI #9

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
CFN is doing the top 20 players at each position and Godwin checks in at #6:
9. Godwin Igwebuike, Sr. Northwestern
The 6-0, 205-pounder could’ve turned pro early and been a mid-round drat pick. Now he’ll be one of the Big Ten’s best defensive backs again after three fantastic all-star years. Outstanding from the start, he has 239 tackles over his three seasons with 11 tackles for loss and four interceptions. He’s a killer in the open field.

Take their rating with a grain of salt however, because JJTBC didn't make the top 20 RBs. Which is absurd. The kid from MSU made it ahead of Justin, along with Weber and Barkley.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/top-20-safeties-preview-2017

Iggy is ranked the #3 FS by Phil Steele. JJTBC was given high props by him too. CT not as much but I think that's fair. I see CT doing the job this season but not enough to jump into the draft early. I think we've got him for this year and next.

Iggy is ranked the #3 FS by Phil Steele. JJTBC was given high props by him too. CT not as much but I think that's fair. I see CT doing the job this season but not enough to jump into the draft early. I think we've got him for this year and next.
Hope you're right about CT. Hopefully he stays healthy and avoids big hits and cam complete 4 years as a starter at NU.

CFN is doing the top 20 players at each position and Godwin checks in at #6:
9. Godwin Igwebuike, Sr. Northwestern
The 6-0, 205-pounder could’ve turned pro early and been a mid-round drat pick. Now he’ll be one of the Big Ten’s best defensive backs again after three fantastic all-star years. Outstanding from the start, he has 239 tackles over his three seasons with 11 tackles for loss and four interceptions. He’s a killer in the open field.

Take their rating with a grain of salt however, because JJTBC didn't make the top 20 RBs. Which is absurd. The kid from MSU made it ahead of Justin, along with Weber and Barkley.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/top-20-safeties-preview-2017
You must have been holding your laptop upside down when you first read it.

Considering that cognitive decline runs in my family, and my fathers dementia seems to worsen weekly, seeing the number change from 6 to 9 had me doubting my own cognitive capabilities. Glad to hear that my eyes and brain weren't deceiving in this instance. That said, I still doubt my own cognitive capabilities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT