ADVERTISEMENT

Godwin

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Comes in at #88 in the top 100 NFL draft prospects for 2018.....

88. Godwin Igwebuike | S | Northwestern | Senior
If you've watched a Northwestern football game over the past two seasons, Igwebuike has likely stood out. The 6-foot, 205-pound safety is as active as they come in all phases. Last year, he had three games with double-digit tackles and had fewer than five tackles in only one outing for the Wildcats.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...p-100-prospects-in-the-2018-nfl-draft-81-100/

Comes in at #88 in the top 100 NFL draft prospects for 2018.....

88. Godwin Igwebuike | S | Northwestern | Senior
If you've watched a Northwestern football game over the past two seasons, Igwebuike has likely stood out. The 6-foot, 205-pound safety is as active as they come in all phases. Last year, he had three games with double-digit tackles and had fewer than five tackles in only one outing for the Wildcats.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...p-100-prospects-in-the-2018-nfl-draft-81-100/
Actually, that is a joke. #88 is a respectable position for most players but Godwin is so far better than that number represents. I Campbell is a NFL safety, but Godwin has better production in college and better NFL potential imo.

I think this team will be better than last year's 8-5 team. And that means Godwin may be moreso in the spotlight. PSU will be ranked top 5 when we play them. But I don't think it is too purple colored to say that we could win that game. (To be sure, I'd put us as 5 pt dogs). I like the early 11am start. And Fitz has never lost to Franklin even though he has been an underdog in every contest. Franklin, realizing he couldn't beat Fitz, even canceled a game.

Huh, I could have sworn that the Cats went 7-6 last season......I clearly remember early season losses to WMU and ISU.

Keep up the good work eliminating ignorance, scientific or otherwise. Turk will keep you busy.

He will need to run well at the combine. Otherwise checks most of the boxes, but doesn't have ideal height/length for NFL safeties.

Huh, I could have sworn that the Cats went 7-6 last season......I clearly remember early season losses to WMU and ISU.
Now that the gentleman from Turkmenistan has returned from the Isle of Elba, we might want to ask FloridAlum to appoint an independent counsel to fact-check the guy's numbers. Based on your post, I endorse your candidacy.

Now that the gentleman from Turkmenistan has returned from the Isle of Elba, we might want to ask FloridAlum to appoint an independent counsel to fact-check the guy's numbers. Based on your post, I endorse your candidacy.

Don't be too picky, if he is within one or two wins of the correct number, that is close enough. As far as a fact checker, it will not be me. I am handling the spelling .

Keep up the good work eliminating ignorance, scientific or otherwise. Turk will keep you busy.

You underestimate The Genius of Turk. He did not specify "last year's 8-5 Northwestern Wildcat team." He merely said "last year's 8-5 team" and that's because he thinks this year's Wildcat team will be better than last year's 8-5 Auburn team. ;)

Not sure how much GI profiles as a ball hawk safety, which are the types that get drafted earlier. He certainly has shown coverage skills in college, but I'd be curious to hear how his skills translate to the NFL.

I think his coverage skills are probably the best part of his game. He has shown he can tackle in the open field but what I think he needs to show is the ability to come down to the line of scrimmage and consistently be physical. Thanks to the Seahawks the NFL likes safeties that are 6"3 220lbs so Godwin will need to prove he can be a physical safety despite not having ideal size. I like his chances to be a top 100 draft pick if he has a good, injury free season.

I think his coverage skills are probably the best part of his game. He has shown he can tackle in the open field but what I think he needs to show is the ability to come down to the line of scrimmage and consistently be physical. Thanks to the Seahawks the NFL likes safeties that are 6"3 220lbs so Godwin will need to prove he can be a physical safety despite not having ideal size. I like his chances to be a top 100 draft pick if he has a good, injury free season.

So you're basically projecting Round 3 for him. You're on record, Corbi. Let's see. ;)

I don't care what his tangibles are or where he gets drafted, I think he will be a steal in the draft if he is anywhere mid-3rd round or lower. He has GREAT closing speed and is about a 90% tackler (that's being conservative) l, not to mention he is one of the great character guys- oh wait then maybe he WON'T be a hit in the NFL.

Full disclosure- Iggy is one of my favorite 'Cats of all time.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT