ADVERTISEMENT

Golden Age is over

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
Lacrosse loses their second game in a row-- this time to OSU. The world has caught up to us.

Lol. You are saying that because of your deep knowledge of the game, our team, the recruiting landscape or all of the above?

Originally posted by LookGoodInPurple:
Lol. You are saying that because of your deep knowledge of the game, our team, the recruiting landscape or all of the above?
I'm sorry, do you disagree with me? If so, please educate. I'm willing to learn. What I see is a team that is now barely squeaking out one goal wins (except for Marquette which kinda doesn't count) and we've now lost two in a row to Notre Dame and OSU-- teams that 5 years ago wouldn't have had a chance. I'm not saying we're not an elite program and I'm not saying we won't even win a National Championship possibly this year. What I AM saying is that the lacrosse world has caught up to us. I credit Kelly Amonte Hiller for that-- she has grown the sport which is great for the sport, but perhaps tough for us NU fans that were spoiled by our utter domination for years.

The team is very,very young. They'll be back. The golden age isn't over, it's just on hold.

Originally posted by Fiadhaich:
The team is very,very young. They'll be back. The golden age isn't over, it's just on hold.
Certainly hope you're right. But we were very experienced last year and clearly the results were un-Golden Ageish.

this is the THIRD, if not fourth time, that you've dropped your pants and taken a crap on our lacrosse team. i think you told us that everybody had caught up a few years ago when we lost badly to Florida. oh, but we still won the national title that year.

you are so full of crap. this year's team has no taylor thornton. those are big shoes to fill. and no erin fitz. before that, we lost shannon smith. before that it was danielle spencer.

we have lost a ton of premier players to graduation in the last 4 years and this is simply a rebuilding but competitive cycle.

by the end of the year we still might make the title game. situation is fluid.

check back in next year when we win the title and you will be singin a diff tune about how "yeah people caught up but hiller adjusted"

never admit to being wrong, right???

Originally posted by NorthwesternIsAllClass:

this is the THIRD, if not fourth time, that you've dropped your pants and taken a crap on our lacrosse team. i think you told us that everybody had caught up a few years ago when we lost badly to Florida. oh, but we still won the national title that year.

you are so full of crap. this year's team has no taylor thornton. those are big shoes to fill. and no erin fitz. before that, we lost shannon smith. before that it was danielle spencer.

we have lost a ton of premier players to graduation in the last 4 years and this is simply a rebuilding but competitive cycle.

check back in next year when we win the title and you will be singin a diff tune about how "yeah people caught up but hiller adjusted"

I have no doubt that you are the most hated poster on the NU board. So much vitriol ALL the time. Can't engage in a discussion-- can only call names, cuss, and sound like a general overall ass.

First of all, it was LAST year that we got crushed by Florida 22-4-- not "a few years ago". And yes, I did say that the lacrosse world has caught up to us at that point. And, oh, we did NOT win the national championship last year. We didn't make it to the Final game. So now YOU can admit that you're wrong.

You then go on to give reasons why we're not as dominant this year. Look, obviously there are reasons and you list some good ones. It doesn't diminish the fact that the level of lacrosse has come up to us significantly lately.

I made it clear that KAH is to be credited for what has happened. She has done more to grow the sport nationally than anybody else and we are the victims of the improved competition. I also clearly stated we may well win the whole thing THIS year. I was merely making the observation that we do not, and probably will not again, dominate the sport like we did for a period of 7 or 8 years.

If you think I am "taking a crap on the lacrosse team", you are out of your mind. But then again, I think it is clear that you are, in fact, out of your mind.

Originally posted by DocCatsFan:

I have no doubt that you are the most hated poster on the NU board. So much vitriol ALL the time. Can't engage in a discussion-- can only call names, cuss, and sound like a general overall ass.

First of all, it was LAST year that we got crushed by Florida 22-4-- not "a few years ago".
i'll cut you off right there because i'm talking about the shocking loss in spring 2012, 14-7. i was talking about THAT loss to U of F and that year's title run.

If you think I am "taking a crap on the lacrosse team", you are out of your mind. But then again, I think it is clear that you are, in fact, out of your mind.
let's see...

doccatsfan on men's basketball - negative
doccatsfan on kain colter - negative
doccatsfan on lacrosse - negative
doccatsfan's knowledge of men's basketball, kain colter, lacrosse - negative, as in none

First of all, it was LAST year that we got crushed by Florida 22-4-- not "a few years ago".
i'll cut you off right there because i'm talking about the shocking loss in spring 2012, 14-7. i was talking about THAT loss to U of F and that year's title run.
Yeah, well, I never decried the end of the Golden Age after that loss. Only after last year's blowout.

let's see...

doccatsfan's knowledge of men's basketball, kain colter, lacrosse - negative, as in none
You are a troll and I'm a fool for responding to you but I can't help myself.

DCF on men's bball? I've said a million times the potential good with CC is very high. I've also been cautious about it because, well, our program has sucked for literally forever.

Kain Colter? Yep, I'm unhappy with what he's done. So are lots of folks. Next time go ahead and mention the thousand or so things that I love about our football team starting with a coach I happen to think is a great face of the program and of NU in general..

Lacrosse? Negative? Just because I said that the sport has gotten more competitive and we're not unbeatable anymore? Why don't you take a look at EXACTLY what I wrote. Here it is: I'm not saying we're not an elite program I'm not saying we won't even win a National Championship possibly this year. What I AM saying is that the lacrosse
world has caught up to us. I credit Kelly Amonte Hiller for that-- she
has grown the sport which is great for the sport, but perhaps tough for
us NU fans that were spoiled by our utter domination for years.
Yeah, that's real negative. I called us an elite program that may-well win the National Title this year. Gimme a break.

I notice no mention of any of the other teams at NU. I'm one of the only people around here who ever comment on them. Men's golf, women's golf, softball, etc. Do you really think that someone who is as negative as you indicate about NU sports would spend time on this forum? Seriously?

You're a bozo. The only bigger bozo on this board is me, because I take the time out of my day to respond to you.

This post was edited on 3/12 11:06 AM by DocCatsFan

you know, it's a shame when supposedly intelligent people have to resort to name calling in an argument. you have called me three expletives in the last two weeks, yet you have not been disciplined at all. i think it's because people enjoy seeing me smack you down and wipe the floor with you.

you have called me three expletives in the last two weeks
No. I can count one. I think I might have said you sound like an ass, which you do. Technically, a "jerk" or a "bozo" would not be considered expletives.

Now maybe you can respond to the substance of my post with respect to your claim that I "crapped" on the lacrosse team. You know, so you can "smack me down and wipe the floor with me." LOL.

let's see...

You are a troll and I'm a fool for responding to you but I can't help myself.

DCF on men's bball? I've said a million times the potential good with CC is very high. I've also been cautious about it because, well, our program has sucked for literally forever.

Kain Colter? Yep, I'm unhappy with what he's done. So are lots of folks. Next time go ahead and mention the thousand or so things that I love about our football team starting with a coach I happen to think is a great face of the program and of NU in general..

Lacrosse? Negative? Just because I said that the sport has gotten more competitive and we're not unbeatable anymore? Why don't you take a look at EXACTLY what I wrote. Here it is: I'm not saying we're not an elite program I'm not saying we won't even win a National Championship possibly this year. What I AM saying is that the lacrosse
world has caught up to us. I credit Kelly Amonte Hiller for that-- she
has grown the sport which is great for the sport, but perhaps tough for
us NU fans that were spoiled by our utter domination for years.
Yeah, that's real negative. I called us an elite program that may-well win the National Title this year. Gimme a break.

I notice no mention of any of the other teams at NU. I'm one of the only people around here who ever comment on them. Men's golf, women's golf, softball, etc. Do you really think that someone who is as negative as you indicate about NU sports would spend time on this forum? Seriously?

You're a bozo. The only bigger bozo on this board is me, because I take the time out of my day to respond to you.

This post was edited on 3/12 11:06 AM by DocCatsFan
by the way don't you think the entire tone and length of your response indicates how much I get under your skin, how much you can't resist having the last word, how much you just... can't... let... things... go?

by the way don't you think the entire tone and length of your response indicates how much I get under your skin, how much you can't resist having the last word, how much you just... can't... let... things... go?
Maybe you should have new goals in life rather than winning pissing matches on internet message boards.

Originally posted by shakes3858:
Maybe you should have new goals in life rather than winning pissing matches on internet message boards.
not trying to win. just trying to be an equalizer.

NorthwesternIsAllClass,

You're losing badly you dipshit - not being an equalizer! Doc's in Indy rooting for the 'Cats. How on earth is that negative. Please do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole.

Originally posted by No Chores:
NorthwesternIsAllClass,

You're losing badly you dipshit - not being an equalizer! Doc's in Indy rooting for the 'Cats. How on earth is that negative. Please do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole.
Shhhhh, don't tell him that. Just let him think that he won and maybe he'll stop.

Originally posted by No Chores:
NorthwesternIsAllClass,

Hey, thanks for the compliment and the expletive. Can't wait until I'm in Pittsburgh again.

Shhhhh, don't tell him that. Just let him think that he won and maybe he'll stop.
That was the first time that you didn't mangle the English language in one of your posts. Congratulations. Now hike up your skirt and get your tubes tied so we can be spared your offspring.

NorthwesternIsAllClass,

The expletive was the least offensive I could think of in your case. The Pittsburgh reference is somewhat puzzling to me, though. What on earth does Pittsburgh have to do with anything? The Big Ten Tournament is in Indy, and I would assume, like Doc, you are there to cheer on the 'Cats.

20-6 Win over Michigan. WLAX is a rising sport. There will be competition but NU will stay one of the top programs. KAH will win another National Championship...Hopefully can get to 10. May take a while. Hope she stays a long, long time.

That was the first time that you didn't mangle the English language in one of your posts. Congratulations. Now hike up your skirt and get your tubes tied so we can be spared your offspring.
I think the most ridiculous part of this entire exchange is that the guy supposedly defending the success of the women's lacrosse team is a raving misogynist.

Absolutely disgusting.

Doc,

Sorry, but not quite yet! When you beat the numbers 1, 3, and 10 teams in the country in the past few days, the Golden Age is not yet over. We are not as dominant as we have been in the past, but we're pretty damn good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT