ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye, David Crosby

It has been a tough couple years for the rock and rollers of the 60’s and 70’s. They seem to be dropping like flies. I am always thrilled to see some of the old timers still performing well; I’ve seen John Mayall, Jim Messina, John Sabastian, Paul Simon, and several others within the past few years, and they all sounded good. Mayall was fantastic at the age of 80. Played two hours with only a 10 minute break, and the band sounded great. Hope he lives to be 100.

Reactions: ubercat
"Croz" was an integral part of the early Byrds. He was shown the door when his personality became insufferable. As he admitted in the rock doc Echoes in the Canyon:
It wasn't because I was a bad musician, it was because I was an a$$hole.

It has been a tough couple years for the rock and rollers of the 60’s and 70’s. They seem to be dropping like flies. I am always thrilled to see some of the old timers still performing well; I’ve seen John Mayall, Jim Messina, John Sabastian, Paul Simon, and several others within the past few years, and they all sounded good. Mayall was fantastic at the age of 80. Played two hours with only a 10 minute break, and the band sounded great. Hope he lives to be 100.
Crosby had a pretty good run though. Hell, his new liver even made it more than long enough to celebrate its own 21st birthday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT