ADVERTISEMENT

Grapplers Win!!

Yes! We got a real good redshirt at 41,Yahya Thomas. If he was wrestling this year, we would be 5-0 in BT and 10-0 overall and ranked tenth in nation. Good class coming in next year.

Yes! We got a real good redshirt at 41,Yahya Thomas. If he was wrestling this year, we would be 5-0 in BT and 10-0 overall and ranked tenth in nation. Good class coming in next year.
Kids are really tough. Both of the dual meet losses have been by 1 point.

Last home match will be Friday. Wrassler, you be there?? Dang!!

Really? Deep dish or NY style? Maybe I have to get on a plane and check it out. A tough match coming up now against RU; they some some good grapplers this year.

Was away and missed both matches. Sounds like BS call on Deakin in the Iowa bout. RU tough. Good match at 125; we may see these two battle in one or two re-matches later this Winter.

Football and BB players get all the accolades but I have more respect for collegiate wrestlers than almost all others. The discipline to lose and maintain weight is extraordinary. The strength and stamina to compete at the B1G is almost mind boggling.

I may have related this story in the past but I did get to see NU a couple of years ago at GMU. McMullan was our undersized but phenomenal heavyweight that had to wrestle opponents 50-70 pounds(after weigh ins)heavier than he was.
At GMU during the prematch handshake his opponent was the typical 285# heavyweight but when his match came up GMU substituted a wrestler of similar size to McMullan. His eyes looked like saucers when he saw his opponent, the pin was recorded in the first minute . He may have been the most technically sound heavyweight I have seen but he could never win the NCAA's because of the continual battle against much heavier opponents

The gap between 197# and 285# is too large there should be a 225# weight class- McMullan would have been a 4 x NCAA champion in that class

Football and BB players get all the accolades but I have more respect for collegiate wrestlers than almost all others. The discipline to lose and maintain weight is extraordinary. The strength and stamina to compete at the B1G is almost mind boggling.

I may have related this story in the past but I did get to see NU a couple of years ago at GMU. McMullan was our undersized but phenomenal heavyweight that had to wrestle opponents 50-70 pounds(after weigh ins)heavier than he was.
At GMU during the prematch handshake his opponent was the typical 285# heavyweight but when his match came up GMU substituted a wrestler of similar size to McMullan. His eyes looked like saucers when he saw his opponent, the pin was recorded in the first minute . He may have been the most technically sound heavyweight I have seen but he could never win the NCAA's because of the continual battle against much heavier opponents

The gap between 197# and 285# is too large there should be a 225# weight class- McMullan would have been a 4 x NCAA champion in that class

Totally agree re extra weight class and McMullan. 220 would be a good weight class.

Big Teens this weekend.
19-year old sumo competitors?? Dang!!!
young-sumo-wrestlers-extending-arms-in-welcome-in-gymnasium-picture-id200360694-004

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT