ADVERTISEMENT

Great day for Illini Basketball

NU Line

Dec 20, 2018
As bad as the team is now and the Illini basketball team is at a fairly low point. They managed to get a huge commit today. The Illini landed a Top 40 prospect in 6-10 290lb Center Kofi Cockburn.

It amazes me that the NCAA reportedly grants a player (Mark Smith) a hardship waiver for the way his coach treats him yet how many parents continue to trust their kids future to Underwood.

As bad as the team is now and the Illini basketball team is at a fairly low point. They managed to get a huge commit today. The Illini landed a Top 40 prospect in 6-10 290lb Center Kofi Cockburn.

It amazes me that the NCAA reportedly grants a player (Mark Smith) a hardship waiver for the way his coach treats him yet how many parents continue to trust their kids future to Underwood.
Recruiting has not been the issue for you. As long as your in-game coaching is this bad (how does a team take TWO late game timeouts and get off only one desperation thtee TOTAL in both of those possessions?) you'll contnue to have serious problems winning games.

Of your eleven losses, you led at halftime in 8 of them. Since you rotate players, it is not due to players being gassed in the second half; your coach is simply terrible at halftime adjustments (and just about every in-game decision).

You can't just be good at recruiting, you have to be able to coach them on the court.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2016/...tern-ncaa-alleges-mistreatment-by-university/

Lol. What’s it gonna be...like two calendar years since Illinois has beaten Northwestern in any revenue sport? Underwood is trash and so is your program.

Yeah, boy, I'd sure be talking big after squeaking by a terrible team, probably the worst in the conference, at home. What a performance today! And the drama! Things are looking up, alright!

Yeah, boy, I'd sure be talking big after squeaking by a terrible team, probably the worst in the conference, at home. What a performance today! And the drama! Things are looking up, alright!
With fans like these..

(For some reason I think you are an NU “fan”...of not, you sure spend a lot of time here.)

It is more fun beating your arrogant fan base when we stink. Football is too easy, but hey you got a bunch of superstars coming in there, so you might be able to keep it within a TD.

I've followed NU basketball for 25 years. I couldn't even tell you the starting five of Illinois. This place is little more than homers who pretend everything is peachy, regardless the mounting evidence. Last year was bad. This year is looking worse. I have no idea how the backcourt got to this point, in terms of recruiting. "What about Lathon?!?! Not Collins' fault!!!" If recruiting was where it should be, there would be depth and other options. There are none. Like I said, I would probably have to go back to the O'Neill years to recall a backcourt this bad.

Reactions: Pukecat
I've followed NU basketball for 25 years. I couldn't even tell you the starting five of Illinois. This place is little more than homers who pretend everything is peachy, regardless the mounting evidence. Last year was bad. This year is looking worse. I have no idea how the backcourt got to this point, in terms of recruiting. "What about Lathon?!?! Not Collins' fault!!!" If recruiting was where it should be, there would be depth and other options. There are none. Like I said, I would probably have to go back to the O'Neill years to recall a backcourt this bad.
Plenty of criticisms have been levied, should be levied and will continue to be levied of this program and team. Absolutely NONE of that should come from the dumpster fire in Champaign. Enjoy your ONeill flashbacks.

Plenty of criticisms have been levied, should be levied and will continue to be levied of this program and team. Absolutely NONE of that should come from the dumpster fire in Champaign. Enjoy your ONeill flashbacks.

We shouldn't be critical of what just happened?

Oh, I get it. Your gambit here is to construct a strawman that I'm an Illinois fan! Brilliant! Next, accuse me of being a multi-handle poster! Anything to avoid talking about the subtance of what's going on now!

We shouldn't be critical of what just happened?

Oh, I get it. Your gambit here is to construct a strawman that I'm an Illinois fan! Brilliant! Next, accuse me of being a multi-handle poster! Anything to avoid talking about the subtance of what's going on now!
Are you high? I said in my post above that I think you’re an NU fan. In my post above I also said there’s plenty of criticism to be levied...but none should come from Illinois fans, which means that if I want to talk trash after we beat them, I will.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Are you high? I said in my post above that I think you’re an NU fan. In my post above I also said there’s plenty of criticism to be levied...but none should come from Illinois fans, which means that if I want to talk trash after we beat them, I will.

Okay, fair enough. Can we then talk about how the backcourt talent level got this poor if recruiting has improved, as is the standard group line here? And, beyond the backcourt, do you have confidence in who will be stepping in for Pardon and Law when they leave?

Lol, he is actually one of OUR fans, believe it or not! From the MysticCat posting tree...

Ah, groupthink rears its ugly head again.

"We don't like dissent here. Well, we tolerate it up to the point that we don't like it."

giphy.gif

Reactions: mikewebb68
Ah, groupthink rears its ugly head again.

"We don't like dissent here. Well, we tolerate it up to the point that we don't like it."
There is plenty of criticism on this board, maybe read the last few weeks before you come riding in like a white knight upon a fiery steed to protect all of the downtrodden from the bullies.

Bro, we have a Illini troll come on here to whine about losing and you feel compelled to jump in and back the troll because you think NU fans shouldn’t be so talkative. Lol, you are way worse than any Illini troll. Ever hear of pick your spots? FYI, there are plenty of regular NU posters that are more negative than positive. They are still here, not run off by the tyrant homers.

Go back to bashing CCC, since you are good at it and I expect you will get plenty of opportunity especially next season. I thought I would give you some advice on how you should post since I was so fortunate to get your 25 years of wisdom telling me what I can say to an Illini troll.

Reactions: mikewebb68
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT