ADVERTISEMENT

Handling actual or pending coaching changes...

GlideCat

Jan 19, 2013
Option 1: with class a la Nebraska.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/11/...-protocol-luke-gifford-out-for-season?ref=yfp

Option 2: the saint-to-Satan approach a la Tennessee.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/13/16647250/butch-jones-fired-marlin-lane?ref=yfp

Right now, the same UT fans that would have fedexed a box of turds to you four years ago if you had said the name Butch Jones without bowing to Knoxville are believing and publishing every possible negative thing they can come up with on him. It is not enough that he is fired. He must also be publicly humiliated and eviscerated. Admittedly, burning that player’s redshirt was pretty classless on his part.

Meanwhile, in Lincoln, the coach is going to be let go at the end of the season. Everyone knows it. No one is boycotting games because the announcement is not yet made. He did not work out and that happens. They are letting the coach’s tenure end while maintaining dignity for the coach, the school, and the fan base.

I would like to hope that while definitely demanding of our coaches, we will always follow the UNL example rather than the UT one.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/11/...-protocol-luke-gifford-out-for-season?ref=yfp

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/13/16647250/butch-jones-fired-marlin-lane?ref=yfp

Right now, the same UT fans that would have fedexed a box of turds to you four years ago if you had said the name Butch Jones without bowing to Knoxville are believing and publishing every possible negative thing they can come up with on him. It is not enough that he is fired. He must also be publicly humiliated and eviscerated. Admittedly, burning that player’s redshirt was pretty classless on his part.

Meanwhile, in Lincoln, the coach is going to be let go at the end of the season. Everyone knows it. No one is boycotting games because the announcement is not yet made. He did not work out and that happens. They are letting the coach’s tenure end while maintaining dignity for the coach, the school, and the fan base.

I would like to hope that while definitely demanding of our coaches, we will always follow the UNL example rather than the UT one.

The fans may not be boycotting games (though the stadium has been empty at the end for a few games) but the players started their boycott last week. Pathetic effort.

Reactions: mikewebb68
I wonder if possibly there is an informal agreement with Frost and he wants to wait till after the season to lessen the distractions to his team? Nebby would have less incentive to fire in-season if the they have decision already made?

Given that we put up with Bill Carmody for 13 years and we are still on these boards and not crucifying Fitz for keeping Cushing on the staff, we're pretty much skewed to the UNL way of things. In fact, we're even further to the extreme, because we still stomach incompetence year after year after year with complaints, but we're still here.

Given that we put up with Bill Carmody for 13 years and we are still on these boards and not crucifying Fitz for keeping Cushing on the staff, we're pretty much skewed to the UNL way of things. In fact, we're even further to the extreme, because we still stomach incompetence year after year after year with complaints, but we're still here.

Really? That was essentially all anyone talked about around here for the better part of two months.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Really? That was essentially all anyone talked about around here for the better part of two months.
Read some posts from UT fans about Butch Jones if you want to see some serious crucifying. We are much more reserved in our complaints about our coaches.

Read some posts from UT fans about Butch Jones if you want to see some serious crucifying. We are much more reserved in our complaints about our coaches.

The UT fan base is one of the worst I've ever encountered...both on-line and at the bowl game. They are getting what they deserve. Karma's a bee-atch.

There was talk, but no actual nails and a cross. No one was ready to fire Fitz yet.

I remember more than a handful of folks essentially saying "if Fitz doesn't fire Cushing after this season, I'm starting to think he's the one who should go."

I remember more than a handful of folks essentially saying "if Fitz doesn't fire Cushing after this season, I'm starting to think he's the one who should go."

I was one of those. So, we're like UNL. Wait until after the season.

I think he should still be let go. He has not developed one lineman who has made it to the NFL and our line is traditionally in the bottom of the league. The likelihood he is fired is low however in reality

Living in Florida, a second amendment loving state, you should know that a Rosco is not an anatomical part.

Multiples. I have a 9 mm, .40, and .45. Oddly enough, most accurate with the .45. Oh yeah, forgot the .22.

What caliber before the circumcision? Oh, never mind. You are talking guns again

By the way, moving to your original home state - can't wait to leave the People's Democratic Republic of Illinois.

There is a definite difference between criticizing and crucifying. We criticized lots (and still do for Cushing), but hopefully have maintained a level of class and decorum and decency while doing so.

Reactions: GlideCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT