ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh rumors

Amazing that an NFL team would want a guy like Harbaugh who gets very little out of a ton of talent. The classic underachiever. He hasn’t lasted very long anywhere he’s been and the Jets won’t be an exception. Three years max before the act runs thin and they run him out of town.

Amazing that an NFL team would want a guy like Harbaugh who gets very little out of a ton of talent. The classic underachiever. He hasn’t lasted very long anywhere he’s been and the Jets won’t be an exception. Three years max before the act runs thin and they run him out of town.
Well... except a Super Bowl.

Reactions: rmndcat
They hired Gase, didn't they? Dumbasses.
It's still mindboggling to me that he got fired from the Dolphins after 2 losing years and pretty clear mediocrity and then just walked in and became Jets HC within 2 weeks.

It's still mindboggling to me that he got fired from the Dolphins after 2 losing years and pretty clear mediocrity and then just walked in and became Jets HC within 2 weeks.
Only the Jets would make such a move. Or the Browns, with that doofus Freddie Kitchens.......

Reactions: NUCat320

Here is where these NFL hires are many times flawed. Gase showed in Denver and in Chicago he is a good Offensive Coordinator. The guy cannot handle head coaching duties its obvious. The head coach needs to be a CEO and the face of the program. These NFL executives and media get all jolly with the hot offensive coordinator guys. That is not what makes a head coach. They need to know how to delegate, work with the media, oversee the entire operation, coach the coaches, etc. I keep saying that when you look at the top coaches in the NFL most were not Offensive Coordinators (Belichick, Jon Harbaugh, Carroll, Tomlin, Rivera, McDermott, and even Andy Reid who was an O-line Coach and asst head coach prior to getting a head coaching job

This could be genius on the part of Michigan & Harbaugh. They renegotiate Harbaugh's contract at the end of the season and give him an extension. I don't gamble but I would bet that this new contract had a much lower buyout. As a result, Harbaugh saves face by leaving without getting fired. Michigan acts surprised (wink, wink) and wishes him all the best of luck in NYC.

This could be genius on the part of Michigan & Harbaugh. They renegotiate Harbaugh's contract at the end of the season and give him an extension. I don't gamble but I would bet that this new contract had a much lower buyout. As a result, Harbaugh saves face by leaving without getting fired. Michigan acts surprised (wink, wink) and wishes him all the best of luck in NYC.

Also allows him to deceive recruits by saying he just received an extension and isn’t going anywhere.

But potentially they would get those three years. Worked well enough at San Fran

Marc Trestman o_O
This exactly. Guy is a decent to very good offensive coach. No way is he a head coach in the NFL. The Bears would have been so much better off keeping Lovie Smith and making Trestman an offensive coach on the staff at that time.

For the Jets, it was a move up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT