ADVERTISEMENT

Hartage Out Saturday

Knocking on wood here, this less-experienced group has done very well so far this year anyway. As you say, while gaining plenty of valuable experience. They're going to be fun to watch next season.

Reactions: rmndcat and drewjin
This shouldn't be a surprise. Hamstrings take time. We need Hartage for the Big Ten Championship game and Bowl game. I'll happily let him recuperate over these next two weeks. Hopefully we can get Williams back and pair him with Ruiz for the next two weeks. They'll gain some valuable experience over the next two games.

This shouldn't be a surprise. Hamstrings take time. We need Hartage for the Big Ten Championship game and Bowl game. I'll happily let him recuperate over these next two weeks. Hopefully we can get Williams back and pair him with Ruiz for the next two weeks. They'll gain some valuable experience over the next two games.

I agree fully. I expected Montre to be rested this week, and maybe even next week. Now is the time for the next man up.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Is it just me, or are we watching Whillock become a star right before our eyes? He's not perfect, but he seems to always be where the action is.

Whillock is playing at a high level. This is what the coaches were hoping for when they went after the Katy boys.

Reactions: rmndcat
Can a hamstring heal in 3 weeks?

Per Fitz at the presser.....

Dang.
Guys... we need him as close to 100% as possible for Indianapolis. I realize that quoting wrassler’s “dang” is all the rage these days but all I want him & the training staff to do the next three weeks is rehab that Hammy.

Heal up Hartage! Get ready for the big show!

Guys... we need him as close to 100% as possible for Indianapolis. I realize that quoting wrassler’s “dang” is all the rage these days but all I want him & the training staff to do the next three weeks is rehab that Hammy.

Heal up Hartage! Get ready for the big show!
Does RCampbell play the same position as Hartage?? I thought RC was solid in relief vs Iowa. Was that RC's first intensive playing time? I think he will do OK until Hart. comes back hopefully in the champ. game and in our bowl game. Hillock was solid too in relief work to fill in for our injured players. I wouldn't even play MHart even if he thinks he could play vs UI/UMinn the next two games. Fitz and Co. have recruited well in the db field. Ruiz holds a lot of promise as well!

His HS tape was like a very easy game of Where's Waldo. He was everywhere, and easy to spot.
Somebody on the board said they were more excited about Him coming out of Katy than Fisher. So if he has arrived, look out.

Rehab time for a Partial (Grade2) to full tear (Grade 3) of a hamstring is 2 to 3 months.

I'm, unfortunately, very familiar with a Grade 2 tear suffered when trying to beat out a ground ball - I didn't, neither did my hamstring.

The good news is, all 8 DBs on this weeks 2 deep will be back next season. They are getting valuable experience.

In fact, NU returns 18 of 22 guys on the defensive side of the ball on the 2 deep. Only Thompson, Oxley, Hall and Wyatt are done. Bodes well.

Are you referring to this week's two deep? McGee and Hartage are graduating as well.

Rehab time for a Partial (Grade2) to full tear (Grade 3) of a hamstring is 2 to 3 months.

I'm, unfortunately, very familiar with a Grade 2 tear suffered when trying to beat out a ground ball - I didn't, neither did my hamstring.
I did a lot of damage to mine waterskiing. Whole back of the leg was black and blue for a while (is that grade 3)and then I pulled it again in a VB game when I thought I was well on the way to healing a few months later. It took a while

hdhntr1:

If you didn't scream when you sat down, it was a grade 1. Grade 2's usually turn black, blue, orange, purple, and green.

No we don't.
Just FYI on this one, maybe already been posted elsewhere, but at presser Fitz confirmed that Trae and McGee are out on Saturday too. Probably Mayo Ruiz Rod Campbell, and Pace Whillock as our secondary. While going on the road into a hostile road environment in cold weather is rough normally, if the bad weather makes it into a rock fight it helps mitigate Minnesota’s ability to attack our injured secondary. Though they held up pretty well against Iowa in 2H. Tackling on short passes in space will be key.

Just FYI on this one, maybe already been posted elsewhere, but at presser Fitz confirmed that Trae and McGee are out on Saturday too. Probably Mayo Ruiz Rod Campbell, and Pace Whillock as our secondary. While going on the road into a hostile road environment in cold weather is rough normally, if the bad weather makes it into a rock fight it helps mitigate Minnesota’s ability to attack our injured secondary. Though they held up pretty well against Iowa in 2H. Tackling on short passes in space will be key.

I watched the same presser and thought FItz was a little less definitive when addressing their status. They are probably out but nothing would surprise me.

I watched the same presser and thought FItz was a little less definitive when addressing their status. They are probably out but nothing would surprise me.

I hate to say this because I do not remember for a fact, but I also watched the presser And thought he said that Hardage was definitely out and the other two were not definite yet, did not sound optimistic, instead to check the injury report later in the week. Of course we all know how accurate the injury reports are.

I thought his first answer on those 2 was slightly more dodgy / less definitive, but then he seemed to correct it and say out directly shortly thereafter. That said, it’s Fitz and we all know how he feels about those types of Q’s, so agree with you that nothing would surprise me.

For others who didn’t watch - one bright side is when asked on follow up about Montre, then later Trae / Jared whether they are hoping to play again this year Fitz said “yes” with what seemed like some confidence / optimism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT