ADVERTISEMENT

Heard from my ticket agent

hdhntr1

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2006
That assuming that the season goes on, WIS game likey to take place at Ryan rather than Wrigley

Reactions: winnetkat
Great news!
I agree. But, absent a cure or a vaccine, my tickets will stay in a drawer all season. That said, the Tribune reported on page 5 today (talk about burying the lead) that NIH states that we could have widespread vaccine testing by July.

I agree. But, absent a cure or a vaccine, my tickets will stay in a drawer all season. That said, the Tribune reported on page 5 today (talk about burying the lead) that NIH states that we could have widespread vaccine testing by July.
Not unreasonable that Phase 2 testing is underway in July, as several candidates are in Phase 1 trial alraedy. Getting from Phase 2 to FDA approval is another story. I'd say they are in the top of the second inning with respect to Vaccine development.

You first

Not unreasonable that Phase 2 testing is underway in July, as several candidates are in Phase 1 trial alraedy. Getting from Phase 2 to FDA approval is another story. I'd say they are in the top of the second inning with respect to Vaccine development.
Nah. Still spring training. But today is a big game since the covid guys are playing against the more experienced flu vaccine boys. Play the hiv boys next week in the virus league.
Seems the entire virus vaccine boys cant ever make it to the big leagues.
Only in the movies NJ. Only in the movies.

They'll need to start making some decisions relatively soon. In another couple months it will be time to start dealing with b-ball renewals.

I was only going to make one home game this year due to travel plans. I did not request Wrigley tickets because of my previous experience there. I hope they give me a mulligan on ordering my usual seats if the game is played at Ryan

Reactions: drewjin
We could have testing but still be a long way from a vaccine. Can you imagine FDA approving something to be given to hundreds of millions of people without significant safety and efficacy testing?

Sounds about right. Considering how many people it would be given to, they would have to be very sure of safety and efficacy before approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
The first candidate from Moderna completed the Phase 1 safely and showed effective generation of antibodies. The FDA already gave them approval to go to Phase 2 clinical trials. According to the WSJ today, 8 candidates are in humans now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna.html
Here are the phases of drug trials. Phase one about 30 people given the drug. Try to determine dosages. Phase two is primary safety levels.

https://www.nccn.org/patients/resources/clinical_trials/phases.aspx

Normal new drug takes at least 5 years or so to get through. But considering how many people this vaccine would be given to, have to feel that they need to be really careful as to safety aspects

The first candidate from Moderna completed the Phase 1 safely and showed effective generation of antibodies. The FDA already gave them approval to go to Phase 2 clinical trials. According to the WSJ today, 8 candidates are in humans now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna.html
Not to be a buzzkill, but very little data has been released from the study which is now causing speculation as to how effective their vaccine candidate will really be. But it’s a start.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/19...-data-critical-to-assessing-covid-19-vaccine/

I see you have a good, firm grasp of the way that vaccines work.
You first. Sorry but I will let you put your trust in any Trump quick vaccine. Maybe it will work but i will prefer others take it and then observe and see what happens.

You first. Sorry but I will let you put your trust in any Trump quick vaccine. Maybe it will work but i will prefer others take it and then observe and see what happens.

Any doctors on here feel free to correct me, but if vaccines are strands of dead virus cells, isn’t the downside of them basically it not working?

ADVERTISEMENT