ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke

rwhitney014

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2007
Rumors abound that we're pushing hard for her as our next AD. Pretty strong record at Eastern Michigan and now Pitt; has a Big Ten background at Ohio State.

Pulling a sitting P4 AD with some successful big ticket hires and fundraising drives in her back pocket would be very good. Her Chris Creighton hire at EMU led to by far the most success that program has had in decades. A lot of Olympic sport success at Pitt with hires she made as well. Story says her contract at Pitt is up soon, with a new chancellor in charge. Hopefully we're not a stalking horse.

The NU AD job is going to be interesting for whoever gets it. A lot of the capital projects are already done. NIL will be a huge driver, but obviously there are limitations to what the AD him/herself can do there. Hopefully Braun continues to build such that a football coach hire isn't in the cards soon, and hopefully Collins sticks around so the same is true for MBB. I imagine McKeown may be winding down his tenure. Most of the other head coach jobs should have stability. The biggest thing will be maintaining our spot in the top echelon of college sports, so I think that having someone who's had a seat at that table with a P4 job is very important. Familiarity with media rights, etc., will be important. It goes without saying that maintaining academic achievement and high grad rates is always priority #1.

Lyke would be an excellent hire, in my view. She's got a better resume than many of the names originally floated.

Reactions: corbi296
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.