ADVERTISEMENT

Helmets

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
I'm just curious about the different kinds of helmets. Some guys have helmets with what look like panels frequently just one at the crown of the head but sometime other spots. Other guys don't seem to have any panels and the helmet looks more like the older kind.

Is there any rhyme or reason? I thought of it because this weeks Uni's were announced; black jerseys with graphite pants but unsure about the helmet logo but Matte black.

I'm just curious about the different kinds of helmets. Some guys have helmets with what look like panels frequently just one at the crown of the head but sometime other spots. Other guys don't seem to have any panels and the helmet looks more like the older kind.

Is there any rhyme or reason? I thought of it because this weeks Uni's were announced; black jerseys with graphite pants but unsure about the helmet logo but Matte black.

Players can choose whatever is most comfortable out of a handful of available models.

The helmet you are describing is a Riddell Speed Flex. The speed flex is Riddells newest helmet. Some of the other players wear Riddells speed and I saw some wearing helmets by Schutt. My favorite helmet, and one not available at Northwestern, is the Xenith Epic. I think most players want to wear what they wore in High School.

The helmet you are describing is a Riddell Speed Flex. The speed flex is Riddells newest helmet. Some of the other players wear Riddells speed and I saw some wearing helmets by Schutt. My favorite helmet, and one not available at Northwestern, is the Xenith Epic. I think most players want to wear what they wore in High School.

Why would it not be available ?

Why would it not be available ?
I have no idea. Jango likes the Xenith better if he only wore one helmet, instead of all the different game helmets . The Xenith is much harder to adjust every helmet the same. It would be very difficult to get all the Xenith helmets to feel the same. The Riddell flex is the most comfortable and easiest to adjust and get all to feel the same. I think the Flex is a very good helmet. The Xenith is not as hot to wear and I think protects better, but the Flex is more comfortable (minus it gets hot) , and protects very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT