ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreet Prdicted PSU, Neb, Stanford all to lose with his 3 picks of first week

Wonder who he is pickin' in Ann Arbor this Saturday.......
While babysitting my grandson on certain days, I've been able to watch ESPN news college segment and Kirk really has a mind for college football and a pulse for it. Last week he was explaining the drawbacks of the NFL lifting early entry requirements. But he has been 'spot on' with almost all of his picks and future leans on the teams. He has extremely fair assessments and has enough credibility where he can mention NU as a solid team, whereas others are afraid to. I mean, most announcers/college guru's are club boys and, quite frankly, NU isn't a proud member of the club as an Alabama, OSU, Nebraska, etc.

It will be a dogfight! Iowa is even tougher as their QB is better
I certainly disagree that Iowa will be tougher. Plus the Iowa QB looked pedestrian, although he may be a tweak better than the Michigan one. Michigan just looks a lot better to me than Iowa. I may be wrong, but after watching the Iowa/Wisconsin game, I came away from that game feeling that both of those teams are good but probably the equivalence of a 2008 NU team that went 8-4. Nothing wow but good enough that you will lose if you make mistakes, but bad enough that we will beat both of those teams if we simply take care of things.

Michigan has harbough, who is an EXCELLENT coach. All he does is win. He has the pulse, players believe in him. The difference between Michigan last year and this year is coaching.

I certainly disagree that Iowa will be tougher. Plus the Iowa QB looked pedestrian, although he may be a tweak better than the Michigan one. Michigan just looks a lot better to me than Iowa. I may be wrong, but after watching the Iowa/Wisconsin game, I came away from that game feeling that both of those teams are good but probably the equivalence of a 2008 NU team that went 8-4. Nothing wow but good enough that you will lose if you make mistakes, but bad enough that we will beat both of those teams if we simply take care of things.

Michigan has harbough, who is an EXCELLENT coach. All he does is win. He has the pulse, players believe in him. The difference between Michigan last year and this year is coaching.
The IA QB does look better at this point but overall, MICH has more talent and their D is stronger. IA is a team that just gets the job don and finds a way to win. Mich is starting to dominate teams. And the game is in Ann Arbor. At this point, Michigan looks stronger. But if we get by them, then it will likely be a battle of unbeatens. Heck of a two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT