ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a prediction "analytics" site that has us with 9 wins before any bowl game

That actually seems about right based on last year's power rankings with a home/ away twist.

Will they update this as the season goes on and the statistics reflect new personnel?

Perfectly reasonable predictions on paper...but CFB is anything but "perfectly reasonable" on the field.

We will either beat Sconnie, PSU, and/or Nebraska, and we'll lose at least one to either Minny, PU or Illinois...or Iowa...or Sparty.

Always glad we go to the trouble of actually playing the games...

Perfectly reasonable predictions on paper...but CFB is anything but "perfectly reasonable" on the field.

We will either beat Sconnie, PSU, and/or Nebraska, and we'll lose at least one to either Minny, PU or Illinois...or Iowa...or Sparty.

Always glad we go to the trouble of actually playing the games...
I checked another team I am familiar with... Auburn. They have them at 5-7.

That seems out of whack.

according to the espn app's game predictor, Northwestern is favored in every game except Wisco and PSU. I don't think 10-2 is too unrealistic, which is incredible

It gave up 22.2 last year and was 24th in the nation. Do you think it gives up more or less than 25 this season?

I think the defense will be very good this year but that may not translate into better points per game if the Offense scores more and quickly.
Having said that I want to play this game so I say under 25 this season.

I think the defense will be very good this year but that may not translate into better points per game if the Offense scores more and quickly.
Having said that I want to play this game so I say under 25 this season.

I want to get on board the D train, but I'm just not there yet. I need to see a MLB step up and fill some very big shoes. The Franchise made a lot of plays running downhill and behind the LoS in the run D. How does this get replaced?

And I need to see how much of a pass rush is generated with just the front four on passing downs. Very hopeful that some combination of DL-men is able to consistently pressure the QB on 3rd and long. I like Hank's blitzs at times, but it puts a lot of pressure on the secondary.

I don't know the innards of football like I do baseball for instance, but I think our DBs could/should be so good that there will be s lot of coverage sacks, even without "pin ears back, get the QB" pass rusher like IO last few years

I don't know the innards of football like I do baseball for instance, but I think our DBs could/should be so good that there will be s lot of coverage sacks, even without "pin ears back, get the QB" pass rusher like IO last few years

It all depends on how much press our corners play. Last year's bend-don't break and don't get burned deep approach doesn't lend itself to a lot of sacks as we always seemed willing to give up a quick five. Didn't provide much time to rush.

It all depends on how much press our corners play. Last year's bend-don't break and don't get burned deep approach doesn't lend itself to a lot of sacks as we always seemed willing to give up a quick five. Didn't provide much time to rush.
Ifeadi found enough time to lead the Big 10;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT