ADVERTISEMENT

Hey FloridAlum

SciCat

Mar 7, 2005
I'd like to send you a message, but the conversation option doesn't apprear to be working. Can u message me?

I'd like to send you a message, but the conversation option doesn't apprear to be working. Can u message me?

It is my understanding that only paid members of the board can initiate a private message, but any registered poster such as yourself can respond to a private message. I will give it a try. There is also the possibility of an email or pm on Facebook if you have a page there. I get a whole bunch of personal messages on Facebook from people on this board.

Message sent. So will I get a nasty stinging comment? A love note? The offer of a free beverage?
The anxiety is overwhelming

So I received his private message, and if anyone wants to know what he told me it was private and I am not talking. My lips are sealed.

PS SciCat,thank you for your generous offer of a free adult beverage. That was very kind of you.

So I received his private message, and if anyone wants to know what he told me it was private and I am not talking. My lips are sealed.

PS SciCat,thank you for your generous offer of a free adult beverage. That was very kind of you.
As long as you got your beverage, you don't have to tell us anything.

Well...your response merits two adult beverages. Much appreciation.

Well...your response merits two adult beverages. Much appreciation.

Dang! this is turing into an arms race. We may need a special investigator to look into inappropriate influence of a moderator.:eek:

I feel truly honored and blessed to be able to work for LouV and support his agenda.
Which includes bringing back the Tinker Toys plant in Evanston, which pulled out in 1973, and reopening the Varsity and Valencia movie theaters on Sherman Avenue.

Which includes bringing back the Tinker Toys plant in Evanston, which pulled out in 1973, and reopening the Varsity and Valencia movie theaters on Sherman Avenue.

I am not sure if I remember the Valencia. Where was it? I definitely remember the varsity, and went there a bunch of times.

I am not sure if I remember the Valencia. Where was it? I definitely remember the varsity, and went there a bunch of times.
The Valencia was at 1580 Sherman Avenue, now the location of the 18-story Rotary International building. Built in 1911, refurbished in 1932 and closed in 1975, so, if I'm not mistaken about your matriculation at NU, it was there when you were there. P.S. Are you now accepting payments for Duke? My recollection is $30 per ticket.

The Valencia was at 1580 Sherman Avenue, now the location of the 18-story Rotary International building. Built in 1911, refurbished in 1932 and closed in 1975, so, if I'm not mistaken about your matriculation at NU, it was there when you were there. P.S. Are you now accepting payments for Duke? My recollection is $30 per ticket.

Well I only remember one cinema close by, don't remember both.
Thirty dollars per ticket is correct. I am ready to start collecting money from those who have already ordered. I need that money before I go back for more tickets. Feel free to mail a check. If you no longer have my mailing address , Send me an email. I am also expecting you to show up at the dinner party and eat a lot of barbecue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT