ADVERTISEMENT

HJ please

MC_Cat

May 29, 2001
Smith had one good quarter and has been off target ever since please give HJ some snaps

Smith had one good quarter and has been off target ever since please give HJ some snaps

Wouldn’t make a bit of difference. The adjustments Purdue has made that Smith is struggling with are the same things HJ struggles with.

I'm not sure we'll see Hunter again unless Aidan gets hurt

Frankly I don't understand it but based on what we've been seeing I don't think Hunter plays much going forward

Too bad. Smith has made some nice throws today but several duds also. Wish we'd try more passes on 1st down.

Wouldn’t make a bit of difference. The adjustments Purdue has made that Smith is struggling with are the same things HJ struggles with.
Might not matter, but at 1-7 isn’t it worth him getting playing experience? If he’s not legitimately dinged up, I cannot grasp why he isn’t getting some work.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE
Might not matter, but at 1-7 isn’t it worth him getting playing experience? If he’s not legitimately dinged up, I cannot grasp why he isn’t getting some work.

You just saw why. HJ can’t do that yet.

You just saw why. HJ can’t do that yet.
How’s he ever going to learn to do that if he doesn’t play? I don’t disagree they can win, but over the last 4 games when the team is not bowling, it would be good to get him experience. If 11 is the guy next year it’s going to be another long season. But yes that was a nice play with pressure in his face, great throw.

How’s he ever going to learn to do that if he doesn’t play? I don’t disagree they can win, but over the last 4 games when the team is not bowling, it would be good to get him experience. If 11 is the guy next year it’s going to be another long season. But yes that was a nice play with pressure in his face, great throw.

Fitzgerald is all about winning this week. That’s his philosophy. That’s why I laugh at some of the criticisms launched his way. No one wants to win more now than Fitz.

Fitzgerald is all about winning this week. That’s his philosophy. That’s why I laugh at some of the criticisms launched his way. No one wants to win more now than Fitz.
I’ve never questioned his desire to win. I also would like them to win, while trying to develop some young guys as well. This seems like an opportunity to get some game reps, which I don’t think is irrational.

I’ve never questioned his desire to win. I also would like them to win, while trying to develop some young guys as well. This seems like an opportunity to get some game reps, which I don’t think is irrational.

I wasn’t talking about you. I don’t disagree with you but Fitz is all about winning today and Smith gives us the best chance.

This game despite being a loss probably saved McCall's job and cemented Aidan Smith as the guy

Sad that a loss to a bad team can do that...

Next year will be another tough year if Smith is our quarterback. The entire Western Conference has out recruited us and there's a lot of great players and play makers that we don't have across-the-board. Look at how good Minnesota's quarterback is despite being a total unknown

Reactions: willycat
Smith will not be the starter next year. If HJ doesn’t step up, they’ll start the freshman.

Smith will not be the starter next year. If HJ doesn’t step up, they’ll start the freshman.

Atkinson? He’s got a lot to clean up based on the tape I’ve seen. One hell of a windmill windup that don’t really play at the P5 level.

Reactions: Max_Power
Atkinson? He’s got a lot to clean up based on the tape I’ve seen. One hell of a windmill windup that don’t really play at the P5 level.

Then maybe we need to get a transfer. No way we can go into next season with Smith as the starter.

Then maybe we need to get a transfer. No way we can go into next season with Smith as the starter.

Would honestly hope that Hunter takes over after some time to get his mind right, potentially with a new coordinator who builds better around his skill set.

I'm playing devil's advocate here what miracle has Johnson wrought,needs three for sainthood.

Next year will be another tough year if Smith is our quarterback. The entire Western Conference has out recruited us and there's a lot of great players and play makers that we don't have across-the-board. Look at how good Minnesota's quarterback is despite being a total unknown
He also has multiple 4* WRs to throw to and multiple 4* OL to protect him.

He also has multiple 4* WRs to throw to and multiple 4* OL to protect him.
Houston we have a big problem

Then why didn't he go for a TD on the last drive?

Reactions: drewjin
Did you ever consider he has actually improved once he stepped on campus?

Last edited:
Yet, he gives us the best chance to win? If Hunter can play, then it’s just bad decision making at this point of the season to play a QB that there is “no way” we can go into next season as a starter. This is about development for a rebound next year. I do understand that Development is a foreign concept to our offense over the last half decade. How many returning players do we have on our offense that have improved this year? How many have not showed any improvement whatsoever?

Then why didn't he go for a TD on the last drive?

Again, you really have no clue what you are talking about. First of all, what about NU’s team this year leads you to conclude they are more likely to score a TD constantly dropping back and passing the ball vs. running the ball? Secondly, any coach would tell you that keeping the clock moving, forcing them to use their timeouts and positioning yourself for a chip shot field goal giving you a four point lead is the scenario that gives you the highest probability of winning. They executed to perfection. Coaches put players in a position to make plays but the players have to make them. Our Kicker didn’t execute and theirs did. End of story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT