ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Bowl Second-Half Thread

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, that sucked.

NU is in a bad, bad spot. They can’t run the ball. They can’t protect Thorson. They don’t have Skowronek and Nagel. It’s gonna be tough sledding for the offense. Somehow, some way they have to find a way to run the ball a little bit. They get a first down at the Utah 3 on that long pass to McGowan and they run three plays for zero yards and have to settle for a FG. That said it all. The OL is getting dominated. And we all love Fitz’s aggressiveness, but that fourth down call...

Defensively, NU rose up to force field goals and a turnover. But Shelley has all day to throw. They need to get some pressure on him.

Lou,

I will start second half thread same way as first. Thanks to you and Chappy for all the good work this year. Maybe luck will find us in the second half.

Reactions: lou v
As noted on TV we were down 17 in the B1G Championship game too at halftime. Let's make a huge comeback.

Reactions: Fitz51 and lou v
Uggh... that 3 and out was a momentum killer. We were on such a high.

Elite Thorson shows up on the first series, Crappy Thorson returns on the second series. Story of our season.

As the announcer said at halftime it's a game of quarterbacks. In the first half their's was much much better maybe that will change this half.

Oh well.... so much for Utah's momentum
!!!!!!!!!

We are really missing Hall, Thompson, and especially Hartage on defense. This backup RS FR QB is tearing us up, much like the last two games.

Our offensive gameplan, as usual, leaves much to be desired. I don’t see why we retained Cushing for the bowl game, same sieve blocking as always. I can’t wait for a new OL coach.

McGee to the rescue!!

That may have been the most exciting play all season. Damn, that was fun!!

Props to McGee for the awareness that he had the opening to pick it up and outsprint everyone else. Could have easily fallen on it, especially given the weather, but he made the gamebreaking effort.

Reactions: drewjin
How come we never can kick it out of the end zone?

#WeCantHaveNiceThings

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT