ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Cannoli

Was the big cannoli a test planted by Lou to see if Cappy has what it takes?

• Total voters
I'm thinking I'm not loving the trigger happy tendency of the new mod to shut down threads. Not sure why discussion was shut down on the topic. Feels like Communist China.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
I'm thinking I'm not loving the trigger happy tendency of the new mod to shut down threads. Not sure why discussion was shut down on the topic. Feels like Communist China.
In CC you wouldn't be anonymous talking about football.

I'm glad he didn't delete the thread, so that people are still free to go read the discussion. FloridAlum had a tendency to ALWAYS delete the troublesome threads, which sometimes is right but sometimes is not. I'm glad in this case that Cappy locked the thread but left it up, because there was some good discussion worth preserving, but it became clear that Cannoli was an unreliable narrator as the thread unfolded and, since he was claiming to have insider information intended to slander and damage the coaching staff, I think it was appropriate to lock the thread as it stands. The thread speaks for itself.

If you want to create a new thread speculating and carrying on some of the discussion from that thread, without the dubious claims of insider information, I suspect that would be allowed.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
I'm glad he didn't delete the thread, so that people are still free to go read the discussion. FloridAlum had a tendency to ALWAYS delete the troublesome threads, which sometimes is right but sometimes is not. I'm glad in this case that Cappy locked the thread but left it up, because there was some good discussion worth preserving, but it became clear that Cannoli was an unreliable narrator as the thread unfolded and, since he was claiming to have insider information intended to slander and damage the coaching staff, I think it was appropriate to lock the thread as it stands. The thread speaks for itself.

If you want to create a new thread speculating and carrying on some of the discussion from that thread, without the dubious claims of insider information, I suspect that would be allowed.
Slander has to be a lie. A lot of what Holy cannoli spewed might be true (Fitz likes his coordinators and will keep them). The whole my friend Ned thing is BS, but not slanderous to the coaches.

Slander has to be a lie. A lot of what Holy cannoli spewed might be true (Fitz likes his coordinators and will keep them). The whole my friend Ned thing is BS, but not slanderous to the coaches.
The posts Cannoli made right before the thread was locked made it clear that he was reaching for ways to feed the narrative to stir up more heated discussion.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I’m not going to argue with anyone here. I am actually a Northwestern football fan and want the program to be successful. Believe me or don’t, doesn’t really matter to me. I would however get used to Jim O’Neil and Mike Bajakian because they aren’t going anywhere.

Sadly - I think this part will prove to be true. So ends NU revenue sports for another decade.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
The posts Cannoli made right before the thread was locked made it clear that he was reaching for ways to feed the narrative to stir up more heated discussion.
Cannoli has a Master's Degree from The Turk College of Piscary.

@CappyNU why would you ban the canman? Sure, some posts and threads were not popular, but not insulting, not selling crap, even entertaining. But he didn’t do anything rule breaking - if one of the non-koolaiders like me started those threads, that would be grounds to ban? Please tell me there was more to it? This place is getting dark and going to get darker as the teams get worse. Please tell me this isn’t becoming a rainbows and unicorns website.

@CappyNU why would you ban the canman? Sure, some posts and threads were not popular, but not insulting, not selling crap, even entertaining. But he didn’t do anything rule breaking - if one of the non-koolaiders like me started those threads, that would be grounds to ban? Please tell me there was more to it? This place is getting dark and going to get darker as the teams get worse. Please tell me this isn’t becoming a rainbows and unicorns website.
Probably did it just to get corbi to stop whining

It was more that the guy parachuted into the board the other day and immediately started stirring up shit, it's definite troll behavior. No, I would not react the same if it was someone established on the board. Rest assured I will not be quashing all dissent.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
It was more that the guy parachuted into the board the other day and immediately started stirring up shit, it's definite troll behavior. No, I would not react the same if it was someone established on the board. Rest assured I will not be quashing all dissent.
Sometimes people discover that there's actually an internet site that discusses Northwestern sports, so they excitedly sign up and start posting their thoughts - those opinions have been waiting for an outlet, so they come off as aggressive.

Not saying thats what happened with the Cannolli, but new people should get some leeway... otherwise its an old boys club of groupthink.

Sometimes people discover that there's actually an internet site that discusses Northwestern sports, so they excitedly sign up and start posting their thoughts - those opinions have been waiting for an outlet, so they come off as aggressive.

Not saying thats what happened with the Cannolli, but new people should get some leeway... otherwise its an old boys club of groupthink.
Cannoli was also claiming to have insider info including details of Fitz's contract.

Cannoli was also claiming to have insider info including details of Fitz's contract.
We had a guy on the bb board that claimed to be inside before getting frustrated with us or the team and left. Claims alone should not be the bar. I arrived here during second degree with NU and was hanging with a bunch of the athletes. I offered up inside info too in my early appearances. Later, hanging out w Doyle and the big center I can’t remember, I shared info there too. My early days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT