ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Seebass stays!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
I think he wants to do MMA, so maybe he is better off back in New Jersey. Having fought 30 times in the ring,along with beating two Open Golden Gloves champions, I can say with certainty that is a tough road to hoe! Lots of elite college wrestlers have no business in MMA where arm length and flexibility can really help a fighter. Most champion wrestlers are the short and stocky types. Most boxers are lean,tall, and very quick. The real problem with MMA is the real risk of long term injury, along with the short window of opportunity ( need to perform before the age of 30). I'd rather bag groceries at Jewel, personally speaking.

I think he wants to do MMA, so maybe he is better off back in New Jersey. Having fought 30 times in the ring,along with beating two Open Golden Gloves champions, I can say with certainty that is a tough road to hoe! Lots of elite college wrestlers have no business in MMA where arm length and flexibility can really help a fighter. Most champion wrestlers are the short and stocky types. Most boxers are lean,tall, and very quick. The real problem with MMA is the real risk of long term injury, along with the short window of opportunity ( need to perform before the age of 30). I'd rather bag groceries at Jewel, personally speaking.
We have solid guys at 33 in Valdiviez and possibly Mike D.

He wants to do MMA! That sport is very dangerous! Hope he thinks that decision through!

Rivera just transferred to Rutgers. I'm not a big fan of redshirting guys. Make em wrestle as frosh. This way,they can't use the school for their own purpose.

Rivera just transferred to Rutgers. But Princeton just down all fall sports,which basically means no wrestling for first two months of the season. I think Rutgers University will follow suit within the next few weeks. Looks like Rivera will start his MMA career,sooner than later!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT