ADVERTISEMENT

How does Audige compare to Scottie Lindsay?

Kat burglar

Sep 5, 2017
I thought Lindsay did a lot to help our tournament team. Both have a nice shot and can drive. After last night what do you think?

Chase is faster. Everything else is a bit premature to judge.

Shooting or ability to score in more or less ways, to be seen

Chase is better. More athletic, can do it all. Better all around.
We'll see. Kind of hard to say after 1 game against a really bad team. I think Chase is little more explosive but Lindsey was a little longer and was a pretty good athlete. I'm optimistic (especially after the Collins post-game) but let's see how Chase does in the conference against better athletes.

Reactions: NUCat320
Well it looks like he puts forth strong effort and is not a prima donna, so I would say he compares favorably on current evidence.

Hard to say after one game and Lindsey was a better player than he showed at times. During the tourney run when he got hot he was something else. His defense was inconsistent as well.

Audige has shown he’s baller. I’ll be interested to see if he is able to hit the boards like he did last night against better competition. I also can’t really judge him defensively yet (because of opponent) besides it looks like he doesn’t suck. Definitely looks a shooter. You could tell that off of his first shot. Just was playing tight/nervous at the beginning. He was a little amped up.

I thought Lindsay did a lot to help our tournament team. Both have a nice shot and can drive. After last night what do you think?

Chase has everything we wish Scottie had had. Scottie was taller, longer, more explosive to the hoop and a more natural scorer from anywhere on the Court. Chase has slightly fewer physical tools/skills, but will probably be more consistent, more versatile and more reliable on both ends of the Court.

GOUNUII

Reactions: Figrating
Chase has everything we wish Scottie had had. Scottie was taller, longer, more explosive to the hoop and a more natural scorer from anywhere on the Court. Chase has slightly fewer physical tools/skills, but will probably be more consistent, more versatile and more reliable on both ends of the Court.

GOUNUII
I'm amazed that anyone can draw a conclusion to this question after 21 minutes of play against one of the worst teams in Division I.......

I'm amazed that anyone can draw a conclusion to this question after 21 minutes of play against one of the worst teams in Division I.......

Exactly. I’d say that Audige is in a similar mold. Scottie had maybe a little more physical upside but Audige showed more swagger. If he’s as good as Lindsey without some of the body language issues that’s a huge win.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
The thing I noticed about Chase was his B1G-ready body in a guard frame. He is not the typical skinny, underdeveloped guy we tend to see in our young guards. He is pretty thick in the legs and arms, but obviously quite athletic.

Shades of Drew Crawford?

The thing I noticed about Chase was his B1G-ready body in a guard frame. He is not the typical skinny, underdeveloped guy we tend to see in our young guards. He is pretty thick in the legs and arms, but obviously quite athletic.
This is Chase's third year in college. He is no young pup newbie......

Shades of Drew Crawford?

He is nowhere near as built as Crawford. He's got decent size and athleticism for the big ten and more than we normally see in our guards. I'd say just a bit less than Lindsey but plays with more fire.

Thank you. Although the necessary info is not that limited. We have Scottie's full body of college work and some of us have more on Chase than his APB debut at NU.

GOUNUII

Reactions: drewjin

TBH from the little I saw, I like Lindsey’s stroke more but have admittedly not seen enough of Audige. He played well after that first brutal opening. One point of concern that I saw was shot selection. There were a ton of deep 2s and jacked 3s which will be much tougher makes in B10 play. Chase was certainly not alone here, nance took a couple of deep 2s which went in but I didn’t like those shots, the mid range jumper was there for him all day and will be there - no need for a turn around 2 one step inside of the 3pt arc. All of this said, it looks like our shooting will be much improved over last year, berry has a beautiful stroke and kopp will be one of the best pure 3pt shooters in the b10. I’m pleased with what I saw, lots to work with for CCC. Defense will be fine as always, but they need to learn to play smarter and get better shots on O, against as aweful a team as APB they should have gotten great looks every offensive possession.

TBH from the little I saw, I like Lindsey’s stroke more but have admittedly not seen enough of Audige. He played well after that first brutal opening. One point of concern that I saw was shot selection. There were a ton of deep 2s and jacked 3s which will be much tougher makes in B10 play. Chase was certainly not alone here, nance took a couple of deep 2s which went in but I didn’t like those shots, the mid range jumper was there for him all day and will be there - no need for a turn around 2 one step inside of the 3pt arc. All of this said, it looks like our shooting will be much improved over last year, berry has a beautiful stroke and kopp will be one of the best pure 3pt shooters in the b10. I’m pleased with what I saw, lots to work with for CCC. Defense will be fine as always, but they need to learn to play smarter and get better shots on O, against as aweful a team as APB they should have gotten great looks every offensive possession.
The worst was when we had a 3 on 2 fast break and Boo pulled up and clanked a three point shot. Uggh!

I would take Audige from the other night over senior year Lindsey every night. For whatever reason, Lindsey just checked out as Senior. I was at almost every game of that horrible Allstate year. There were nights when I would have benched Lindsey. As for Jr. year Lindsey, the book is still out on that one. Again, I am an Audige fan. I think he can be a great 2nd or 3rd option with Kopp and Buie. I believe that Buie will ultimately be the key to the season. If you can get two of those three going every night, with the expected contribution from Nance (around 10ppg) and Young (around 10 ppg) this becomes an interesting team that should compete night in and out in the BigTen.

I would take Audige from the other night over senior year Lindsey every night. For whatever reason, Lindsey just checked out as Senior. I was at almost every game of that horrible Allstate year. There were nights when I would have benched Lindsey. As for Jr. year Lindsey, the book is still out on that one. Again, I am an Audige fan. I think he can be a great 2nd or 3rd option with Kopp and Buie. I believe that Buie will ultimately be the key to the season. If you can get two of those three going every night, with the expected contribution from Nance (around 10ppg) and Young (around 10 ppg) this becomes an interesting team that should compete night in and out in the BigTen.

yes but junior yr Linsey was at times the best player on the team that got to the tourney.

Reactions: Titanium999
Loved Scottie. Chase will have a better second season of college basketball than Scottie had (6 ppg) if for no other reason than he’s older. That’s the only conclusion worth drawing at this point, and the only one that matters imo. Next year we can start comparing him to 3rd year Scottie.

Reactions: Titanium999
Exactly. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say it, but for as good as Scottie was he had a major issue with his attitude that negatively impacted his play and the team.

Exactly. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say it, but for as good as Scottie was he had a major issue with his attitude that negatively impacted his play and the team.
Hey now, I thought my post kinda went there :)

Reactions: lunker35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT