ADVERTISEMENT

How does NU look for next season?

LeftyLarry

Nov 11, 2003
I thought recruiting was decent for you guys last few years, Big West is getting tougher every year.
Is it a bounce back next season?

I thought recruiting was decent for you guys last few years, Big West is getting tougher every year.

It’s all about the QB development. The rest is in pretty good shape. Certainly can’t be worse than this year.

What Corbi said. Need to hire an OC and then figure out the QB situation while implementing a new scheme. There is young talent in the offensive line room but some of the guys who redshirted this year will need to emerge. There are some young receivers we are excited about, but so much of their contribution depends on QB play. The RB room looks to be deep as a lot of guys got a taste of action this year and exhibited some promise.

On defense, we were decimated by injury along the line but we feel good about our depth. We are losing the all-time NU sack leader, and thus we need someone to step forward. We are hoping at least one young LB emerges--preferably two or three of them.

Our secondary was also decimated by injury and the young backup CBs took their lumps out there. Hopefully it improves them. We feel good about our secondary when healthy, but the young corners really need to perform because I think our pass rush will be inconsistent.

More questions than answers at this point. The cupboard isn't bare, the ingredients need to be mixed properly and the oven heated up before we can taste the casserole...

Fitz did his best impression of Arnold at the last press conference:

2f55b8f9196f214cb7343dabc26eaf23.jpg

What Corbi said. Need to hire an OC and then figure out the QB situation while implementing a new scheme. There is young talent in the offensive line room but some of the guys who redshirted this year will need to emerge. There are some young receivers we are excited about, but so much of their contribution depends on QB play. The RB room looks to be deep as a lot of guys got a taste of action this year and exhibited some promise.

On defense, we were decimated by injury along the line but we feel good about our depth. We are losing the all-time NU sack leader, and thus we need someone to step forward. We are hoping at least one young LB emerges--preferably two or three of them.

Our secondary was also decimated by injury and the young backup CBs took their lumps out there. Hopefully it improves them. We feel good about our secondary when healthy, but the young corners really need to perform because I think our pass rush will be inconsistent.

More questions than answers at this point. The cupboard isn't bare, the ingredients need to be mixed properly and the oven heated up before we can taste the casserole...
Add a actual kicker, who makes field goals and extra points. Oh also a guy who kicks the ball into the end zone on a regular basis.

Nothing new here but O line development will be critical. We have several serviceable QBs who will approve with Reps. Both run and pass game will improve if we have even an average line. 4 starters return and new line coach will have a chance to make his mark. . Earlier in year QBs wouldnt know where the line would break down.. brutal on young Qbs. . Need CBS to stay healthy.. many injuries there last few years. NU Has decent LBS and safeties even without Paddy. D Line needs d ends to return healthy and to get pressure on QB without our star sack leader who will be on an nfl roster.

Team should really have beat Nebraska and Purdue and even Stanford. Season wouldnt have been as disappointing with 5 wins. Only Ohio State was at a different level.. Nu Defense has a lot of good pieces. Kicking game needs work. Still it was a young team following 3 straight bowl wins.

I was very unhappy to lose Devin O’Rourke, thought he’d have made a good Badger, how is his development coming along?

Reactions: Titanium999
Add a actual kicker, who makes field goals and extra points. Oh also a guy who kicks the ball into the end zone on a regular basis.
this is baffling to me. How is it that the opponents' kickers can cause a touchback like 2x or 3x as often as ours, and why is our placekicking inferior relative to other teams and the competitiveness of our other units over the years? Is it possible that the pool of good kickers is limited because many of them prefer soccer? How hard can it be to find a guy to kick 90% of them into the end zone?

Reactions: Titanium999
this is baffling to me. How is it that the opponents' kickers can cause a touchback like 2x or 3x as often as ours, and why is our placekicking inferior relative to other teams and the competitiveness of our other units over the years? Is it possible that the pool of good kickers is limited because many of them prefer soccer? How hard can it be to find a guy to kick 90% of them into the end zone?
You should find walk ons who can do the job.
Our guy Hintze who kicked the 62 yard FG , kicks almost all of them out of the end zone and didn’t win the starting FG kicker job until last week!LOL
Find them in Australia or somewhere, that’s just beating the bushes.

Here’s a kicker that might help out right away!

Listed at 6-6 270, so probably about right. Also looks like he still has room to get bigger/stronger.

With Gaz graduating, I think O'Rourke will become a key member of the DE rotation. Do we have a guess what his injury was?

Easy answer: we need to justify these guys scholarships, so we teach tackling so they'll go down the field and put into action what they've been taught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT