ADVERTISEMENT

How many times has UM appeared in Big Ten title game?

Let's hope it stays that way.
Whom do you want to play then?? Ohio State? I would love to play OSU in the champ game. We would have a better chance of winning vs them. OSU has struggled this year. The preseason distraction. The Purdue massacre. The PSU stinker/almost loss. The close game vs Minn. The near disaster vs Neb. Even grads/current pundits think something smells in Buckeye land. I know OSU has all the "best" 5* recruits, the glamorous coach, the millions of fans, all the experience etc etc. But I think Mich is going to be a tough out for them. They both have the same record. The UM/osu game is a toss up. Anybody could win. I hope osu does.

Whom do you want to play then?? Ohio State? I would love to play OSU in the champ game. We would have a better chance of winning vs them. OSU has struggled this year. The preseason distraction. The Purdue massacre. The PSU stinker/almost loss. The close game vs Minn. The near disaster vs Neb. Even grads/current pundits think something smells in Buckeye land. I know OSU has all the "best" 5* recruits, the glamorous coach, the millions of fans, all the experience etc etc. But I think Mich is going to be a tough out for them. They both have the same record. The UM/osu game is a toss up. Anybody could win. I hope osu does.

Well, yes. I don't expect OSU to lose to Maryland (though it could happen!), so I'd prefer OSU beat Michigan. I'm honestly sick of losing to Michigan.

The answer is ZERO
Not as many times as us (yet).

Actually, I think we want to see Michigan. I know their defense is outstanding, but I think its a much better match-up for us. Teams like OSU with a lot of skill at the WR position and a QB who can deliver the ball might be a nightmare for us. I think we will fare much better against a Michigan team that is a bit more methodical.

When I think of which win would bring me better joy, it's definitely OSU because I hate them so much more and the wins are so rare.

On the other hand, every year NU has won a Big Ten title in my lifetime had an exciting victory over Michigan. So it seems like that should happen.

Reactions: DaCat
An intersting fact that escaped the talented Fox announcers on Saturday night. They made it sound the NU was the only team to never have made it to the Championship game. I guess this should be expected given that Quinn made a comment that NU was coming off its first 10 win season.

and yet, if michigan played in the west this would be their fourth straight title. don't get to full of yourselves, a second matchup with michigan will not go well for nw.

Who invited this guy? Go away unless you actually have something to add. And oh yeah Go Buckeyes!!!

and yet, if michigan played in the west this would be their fourth straight title. don't get to full of yourselves, a second matchup with michigan will not go well for nw.

What is this based on? My guess is nothing. Michigan was very average last year with their best win being against a 6-6 Purdue. Then they proceeded to be the only Big Ten team to lose a bowl game (to a very average South Carolina team). Michigan isn’t even the best team in their own state over the last 10 years. The last time Michigan even sniffed a national title this late in the year was 2006.

Michigan has an incredible program history- one that NU can’t even begin to dream of. But the program over the last ten years is nothing special. You guys have some success and the fans start showing up with this crap.

Speaking of getting full of yourselves.

What is this based on? My guess is nothing. Michigan was very average last year with their best win being against a 6-6 Purdue. Then they proceeded to be the only Big Ten team to lose a bowl game (to a very average South Carolina team). Michigan isn’t even the best team in their own state over the last 10 years. The last time Michigan even sniffed a national title this late in the year was 2006.

Michigan has an incredible program history- one that NU can’t even begin to dream of. But the program over the last ten years is nothing special. You guys have some success and the fans start showing up with this crap.

Speaking of getting full of yourselves.

Michigan fans were texting me backhanded compliments about Northwestern winning the West until I pointed out they have yet to play in the conference championship game since the split into divisions. I haven't from any since then.

Well, yes. I don't expect OSU to lose to Maryland (though it could happen!), so I'd prefer OSU beat Michigan. I'm honestly sick of losing to Michigan.
I am pretty sick of losing to them as well. Let's just beat whoever it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT