ADVERTISEMENT

How many West Parking Lot and STH Will Not Renew?

catfans5

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
I wonder how many West Parking Lot renewals NU will lose after this year. I was one of the folks who was moved from the west lot because I could not justify $3k for the games. One of my only smart financial decisions. I bet NU will lose 20%.

I suspect that there will be a loss of about 5000 season ticket holders or about 20% of the season ticket holder base. NU may have to decrease ticket prices for renewals.

I wonder how many West Parking Lot renewals NU will lose after this year. I was one of the folks who was moved from the west lot because I could not justify $3k for the games. One of my only smart financial decisions. I bet NU will lose 20%.

I suspect that there will be a loss of about 5000 season ticket holders or about 20% of the season ticket holder base. NU may have to decrease ticket prices for renewals.

Well deserved.

They won't decrease prices. Ever.

I honestly want to support our guys, but my resources are far from bottomless. I don't expect to spend for any further games this year. The ticket money is already spent, but I can't see chasing that money with more cash spent on gas, food and drink.

Reactions: lunker35

I honestly want to support our guys, but my resources are far from bottomless. I don't expect to spend for any further games this year. The ticket money is already spent, but I can't see chasing that money with more cash spent on gas, food and drink.
You’re not intrigued by wondering if we can go 3-9 instead of 2-10?

Reactions: drewjin
After 25/24 years as a STH, I’ll most likely go the secondary route for tickets and park elsewhere. However, I’m still undecided and debating

I suspect that there will be a loss of about 5000 season ticket holders or about 20% of the season ticket holder base. NU may have to decrease ticket prices for renewals.[/QUOT

With the BB seat licensing type charge and the increase for west lot parking the school is acting as if NU has a large, successful state school program.

I dropped my BB season tickets after having them for over five years due to that extra seat charge in the new arena.

I’ve been a FB season ticket holder since ‘93. This has been a lousy year but I’ll stay the course for next season’s renewal.

After 25/24 years as a STH, I’ll most likely go the secondary route for tickets and park elsewhere. However, I’m still undecided and debating
I gave up my season tickets this year. I've had them since 1996 and my family had tickets in the 60's and 70's. The loss of a west lot parking was the main reason and after watching these games on TV I'm glad I nit there and have no thoughts of getting them back for next season.

I have been East Lot for over 20 years. Same tailgate crew for 24 years. I travel in outof state. I will keep the tickets and keep coming but man would it have been annoying to lose the lot without some type of effort to make up for it. Just remember the 3 straight bowl wins to get through hard times.

Reactions: its_the_sauce
I gave up my season tickets this year. I've had them since 1996 and my family had tickets in the 60's and 70's. The loss of a west lot parking was the main reason and after watching these games on TV I'm glad I nit there and have no thoughts of getting them back for next season.

Got them in 96?? Sounds like a bandwagon jumper LOL.

I have been East Lot for over 20 years. Same tailgate crew for 24 years. I travel in outof state. I will keep the tickets and keep coming but man would it have been annoying to lose the lot without some type of effort to make up for it. Just remember the 3 straight bowl wins to get through hard times.

I would never consider giving them up. Win, lose, or tie I've never had a bad time at a Cats game. Maybe we in the east lot are more diehard.....

Reactions: Sec.112
I lost my West Lot parking this year after 20+ years and was moved to Golf Course. Not sure how close I was to same parking as I "assumed" everything was good.
My bad!
As one of my group has mobility issues this didn't work. Ended up selling half my parking tixs. Not sure what I will do next year but loyalty works both ways. Might be time to try the view from the couch.

If PF trots out the same crew next year, not sure what I will do. I am a Cat fan, and enjoy the folks we associate with, but this is downright disgraceful. I hope this a large serving of humble pie for PF as the University is paying 5M a year for this shit show.

i picked up an extra purdue ticket off tickpick for $3. But i doubt we actually go in. A couple hot dogs are more expensive.
The embarrassing part is that we will be tailgating with the same purdue family as we always do but I guess Im going to have to tell them that they cant display their colors.
We will be leaving the west lot after this year and each keep our $3,000 contribution.
That doesnt mean a more willing fan will get the pass because the ticket office keeps a large amount of passes

i picked up an extra purdue ticket off tickpick for $3. But i doubt we actually go in. A couple hot dogs are more expensive.
The embarrassing part is that we will be tailgating with the same purdue family as we always do but I guess Im going to have to tell them that they cant display their colors.
We will be leaving the west lot after this year and each keep our $3,000 contribution.
That doesnt mean a more willing fan will get the pass because the ticket office keeps a large amount of passes
A hot dog is more expensive, and just like the product on the field not very good.

I will keep my ticket and golf lot pass. I am curious if any of my friends will drop from the group.

Definitely renewing and hoping to improve seat. Seasons like this make offseasons prime for seat climbers.

Agreed. While I have no interest improving my football seats I was able to make nice improvement this year for b-ball.

Not me. I don't have a west lot parking pass. I have an Evanson Hospital parking pass. And I'm not renewing.

The will next year because WIS game will be at Wrigley and the only home contest that will draw is NEB and after this year (for both teams) even that might not draw. Rest of the slate is awful. 3 non come games against nobodies and three conference games against the likes of IL, MD and NEB. Does not excite anyone. Imagine having to pony up $2500 (plus $180 for the actual parking)to park for those 6 games

Just wondering about the East lot. Seems like even for big games they wope off an area of about 100 spaces and it has not been used. What gives?

I think they are hoping the Wrigley game will be a big draw.
I’m not so sure that will be the case, worse seats, expensive parking, no tailgating??

I dropped my west parking lot space and Wildcat Den tickets and will not renew until Fitz clearly demonstrates he is serious about having an offense. I'm still a fan and want to believe he understands what has been happening the past 6 or so years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT