ADVERTISEMENT

How many wins?

What will the Cats regular season record be?

• 3 wins or worse

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 4-8

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • 5-7

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • 6-6

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • 7-5

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • 8-4

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 9-3

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 10 wins or better

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they beat Miami, I say 9 wins. If we lose, I say 6 or lower. Huge first game for us to see how good we are. Go Cats!

Reactions: ricko654321
I picked six wins.

First time seriously looking at the schedule, and the season will obviously be made or broken on the four game stretch after Seattle.

I marked down Duke as a loss, because of course I did.

I think six is the low-end tho. NU makes a bowl again.

I picked six wins.

First time seriously looking at the schedule, and the season will obviously be made or broken on the four game stretch after Seattle.

I marked down Duke as a loss, because of course I did.

I think six is the low-end tho. NU makes a bowl again.
Me too, 6 wins. I hope I’m pleasantly surprised. I also marked Duke down as an L because we lose to them a lot.

Law of averages sez we’re in for a rough season. We rarely win without an established QB, and we lost some studs to graduation last season.

I think this will be a 3-9 team unless one of the QBs plays lights out. It will be a miserable season if neither QB shines (which is true for most P5 programs, but especially NU). I have hopes that Sullivan was the true #3 and Lausch is in for a surprisingly healthy & effective season.

“In 1950, the average GPA at Harvard was estimated at 2.6 out of 4. By 2003, it had risen to 3.4. Today, it stands at 3.8.

The more elite the college, the more lenient the standards. At Yale, for example, 80% of grades awarded in 2023 were As or A minuses. But the problem is also prevalent at less selective colleges. Across all four-year colleges in the United States, the most commonly awarded grade is now an A.”

(https://yaschamounk.substack.com/p/...e&r=9dpzq&triedRedirect=true&utm_medium=email)

Due to such trending, I predict NU will go 12-0 even though the evaluation methods used when I was in college would assess its results as a 4-8 season.

Reactions: NUCat320
Law of averages sez we’re in for a rough season. We rarely win without an established QB, and we lost some studs to graduation last season.

I think this will be a 3-9 team unless one of the QBs plays lights out. It will be a miserable season if neither QB shines (which is true for most P5 programs, but especially NU). I have hopes that Sullivan was the true #3 and Lausch is in for a surprisingly healthy & effective season.

#FireBraun ???

Why would Sullivan not be the “true #3” if that’s basically why he left? He was more of a mobile QB than Bryant and Hilinski so he should’ve been a fit for Lujan’s offense. Aside from the fact that he gets hurt a lot, so maybe he didn’t want to run that much anymore.

Why would Sullivan not be the “true #3” if that’s basically why he left? He was more of a mobile QB than Bryant and Hilinski so he should’ve been a fit for Lujan’s offense. Aside from the fact that he gets hurt a lot, so maybe he didn’t want to run that much anymore.
Lausch might have surpassed him and made clear Sully was permanently behind him on the depth chart.

It happens all the time. And it would be a great sign that Lausch is poised to break out if he stays healthy.

Alright we are inside a week out. Guess the regular season record. Go Cats!
Hmmm well looks like the consensus is around the 6-7 wins range. Not too surprising. That's ahead of the Vegas OU of 4.5 wins, but (i) Vegas usually tends to underestimate us, and (ii) one might expect our fanbase to be slightly optimistic.

We have:
15 predicted a losing record (3,4,5 wins)
24 predicted 6-7 wins (currently 11 at 6-6 including me, and 13 at 7-5, this is the bulk of the predictions)
5 predicted 8,9,10+ wins... let's all hope you optimists are correct!

I have it this way:
Michigan OSU are an L
EIU W
Miami OH and Duke - would like to get 2 but let's call this 1.5 given our history
Maryland I'll assign another 0.5
Indiana, Illinois, Purdue expect to win 2 out of 3

That's 5 wins out of those 7 games that we have a decent chance at being favored in or close to toss-up. Admittedly that's slightly optimsitic relative to what preseason projections have, but doable.
I think we can get another 1 out of Wash, Wiscy, and Iowa to get to 6-6.

GO CATS

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT