ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Johnson - full circle with Clemson

DonatelloCat

Jul 22, 2013
Storm Sewers, New York City
It took a couple of decade to complete the circle, but does anyone remember Tony Stauss? (Sorry if this brings up memories of the Air Force game!) After a beatdown from Purdue in 2002, there was this:

“This offense came from Clemson and Woody Dantzler,” Stauss said after Saturday’s 42-13 loss. “I ain’t Woody Dantzler.”

(link to quote in Daily story)

He eventually transferred to ND State, as he clearly wasn't a good fit with our offense (and wasn't going to play over Baz).

All these years later, we get a QB transfer from Clemson, in part because he felt like he was a great fit with the program!

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
31 year old CU fan here...

Woody is my favorite Clemson player ever. Cool to see him mentioned by another fan base... He hardly gets the credit he deserves from our own. If you can stand the quality, pull up some of his highlights from back in the day, it’s incredible.

And yeah, NW has a ton of fans in SC now. Good luck, y’all. Just beat the university of Ohio State for us. Hunter will make you proud

Woody is my favorite Clemson player ever. Cool to see him mentioned by another fan base... He hardly gets the credit he deserves from our own. If you can stand the quality, pull up some of his highlights from back in the day, it’s incredible.

And yeah, NW has a ton of fans in SC now. Good luck, y’all. Just beat the university of Ohio State for us. Hunter will make you proud
Thank you. We also intend to beat tOSU.

The fact that Clemson fans seem to hate fOSU almost as much as NU fans should, makes them all right in my book.

The fact that Clemson fans seem to hate fOSU almost as much as NU fans should, makes them all right in my book.
Thanks to old Woody.
screen_shot_2016-01-29_at_7.14.04_am.png

We'd love to, but we'll have to wait until Hunter can play to do so. We don't play the Buckeyes this year.

It took a couple of decade to complete the circle, but does anyone remember Tony Stauss? (Sorry if this brings up memories of the Air Force game!) After a beatdown from Purdue in 2002, there was this:

“This offense came from Clemson and Woody Dantzler,” Stauss said after Saturday’s 42-13 loss. “I ain’t Woody Dantzler.”

(link to quote in Daily story)

He eventually transferred to ND State, as he clearly wasn't a good fit with our offense (and wasn't going to play over Baz).

All these years later, we get a QB transfer from Clemson, in part because he felt like he was a great fit with the program!

I felt for Stauss when he was at NU. I was at the Penn State game where he started and the Nittany Lions put a 49-0 beatdown on us. There were literally no NU highlights for that game — one of the longest afternoons I've ever spent at State College.

Man it goes beyond that. They’re like locusts around here, and extremely disrespectful and obnoxious when they come down. Ohio hatred unites Clemson and South Carolina fans. They’re the common enemy

Wow, I'm quite surprised about the hatred for Ohio State in the State of South Carolina. But, I'm very much in approval. More states should follow the lead of South Carolina.

Clemson may have just become my favorite program outside of NU.

Wow, I'm quite surprised about the hatred for Ohio State in the State of South Carolina. But, I'm very much in approval. More states should follow the lead of South Carolina.

Some of the hatred South Carolinians feel for Ohio may stem partially from the War of Northern Aggression!
I grew up in Ohio (same high school as Brady Hoke) and have lived in Michigan for 35 years and I can't stand OSU or U of M. OSU fans are especially insufferable! Dabo Sweeny has long been my second favorite coach.

Some of the hatred South Carolinians feel for Ohio may stem partially from the War of Northern Aggression!
I grew up in Ohio (same high school as Brady Hoke) and have lived in Michigan for 35 years and I can't stand OSU or U of M. OSU fans are especially insufferable! Dabo Sweeny has long been my second favorite coach.

If I recall correctly, Walker and Kevin Wilson learned the spread offense from visiting Clemson back in 2000. And Dabo and Fitz are friendly. So, there is a long friendship between the staffs that stretches almost a couple of decades and we owe part of our legacy (and part of one B1G title) to that relationship. Between that and the hatred for the Buckeyes, seems like the Tigers are a good lot.

I am likewise surprised. I think SCar and Clemson are like 5-0 vs OSU in my life

ADVERTISEMENT