ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Johnson to transfer

We have 10 good football players committed, star ratings be damned.

I tend to agree with you. I don't really give a rats rear about star ratings. The ratings didn't think our class was super great last year, but I really like the class we got.

And whose to say Purdue wouldn't match LSU and keep Brohm around. Brohm can win at Purdue. Especially once he gets his players in. Last year he won 7, could have easily been more, with a group that won 9 the 4 years previously. Purdue is a very good football job to have at the moment. And it's only going to get better. That's why I struggle to see him leave. Plus he wants to remain close to Louisville.

Purdue fans seem to act like Purdue is some former Blue Blood.

Take away the Tiller era and Purdue is Indiana.

Big fan of Brees, Woodson, and Alstott. Though I still hate the 99-yard pass from Brees. I can still see it like it was yesterday...

Reactions: phatcat
Cutcliffe is certainly known for his QB coaching, but Duke will have Daniel Jones returning as a four-year starter in 2019. Can't imagine Johnson wants to sign up to sit somewhere.

NU remains a great fit for both parties.
Daniel Jones is no Hunter Johnson.

Daniel Jones is no Hunter Johnson.

He'll be a redshirt senior team captain with three years of starting experience and somewhere around 38-40 starts with 1,300 attempts under his belt. While he didn't have as many stars next to his name once upon a time, it would take a hell of a lot to beat that guy out for a starting gig in 2019.

At Northwestern, he would have to beat out... nobody with any kind of experience.

He'll be a redshirt senior team captain with three years of starting experience and somewhere around 38-40 starts with 1,300 attempts under his belt. While he didn't have as many stars next to his name once upon a time, it would take a hell of a lot to beat that guy out for a starting gig in 2019.

At Northwestern, he would have to beat out... nobody with any kind of experience.
I agree that NU is a better fit for playing time. Duke is a better fit for QB development.

I agree that NU is a better fit for playing time. Duke is a better fit for QB development.

Even then, NU has a better recent track record of QB development than Duke, where Cutcliffe is still mostly living off his reputation having worked with the Mannings. I'd put up Colter/Siemian/Thorson against Thad Lewis/Sean Renfree/Daniel Jones any day of the week.

McCall knows what he's doing in developing QBs despite all the message board noise.

They've had a little more than that. Purdue had some very nice teams with the Leroy Keyes bunch in the late '60s and had a nice run of QBs with Bob Greise, Mike Phipps etc.
That is 50-60years ago

Sounds like Duke is in the thick of it now for Hunter. Still like our chances.

I was surprised to see Bryce Kirtz is planning to make a decision this weekend (presumably before Hunter makes his).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT