ADVERTISEMENT

I keep on expecting

it seems like we are in on some super studs this time so i doubt Collins goes to any B list

The ship has already sailed on the A list, it seems. Still in on some good recruits, but not really Top 50 types. More like players who could make some immediate contributions and develop into All Big Ten as upperclassmen.

It has not seemed like NU has really been nuts about the top kids who have moved on with the exception of the Jersey kid who went to Rutgers, and the word is he would not have been admitted.

I think among the offers there are a couple gems. I push back on the B list talk...the staff offers kids who can compete in the Big Ten. Yes, staff wants to be upper tier, but NU is a tough, tough fit.

Yes, lead guard remains a concern, but staff seems to improve the roster every year.

It has not seemed like NU has really been nuts about the top kids who have moved on with the exception of the Jersey kid who went to Rutgers, and the word is he would not have been admitted.

I think among the offers there are a couple gems. I push back on the B list talk...the staff offers kids who can compete in the Big Ten. Yes, staff wants to be upper tier, but NU is a tough, tough fit.

Yes, lead guard remains a concern, but staff seems to improve the roster every year.

I don’t disagree with this. But there are some players who got the first round of offers who NU were never really in the running for. Which is fine — I agree that any foursome from the current offer list would compete well in the Big Ten.

There's a lot of names out there and I lost track. So I started putting together a list I hope to post in the next couple days.

I think the A-listers aren't happening, but a good staff finds what they need.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT