ADVERTISEMENT

I know Marty was our best QB this year

From what Hunter displayed in the games it appears he just doesn't seem to have that Natural Instinct to read the field and make the appropriate decision in a few seconds time. That may not be something you can teach.
Or it may be that all the other things going on in his life affected his ability to do that

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Im hoping for an offense that’s more dependent on out executing opponents rather than outsmarting them. It may seem counterintuitive given the presumed intelligence our players have, but I think it can be better utilized learning to do simpler better than opponents.

Simplify the playbook, simplify reads, allow the best players to play.
Green Bay under Lombardi only ran a few plays but they ran them very very well and were not able to be stopped.

We looked pretty solid the last few weeks. I think Marty is fine. Hunter holds onto the ball too long. Likely,we need all three guys. Aiden needs the most work. I think we would have won 8 games if Marty started the season. The guy is a bruiser,and a decent decision maker too
He did not deserve to start before he did. He had not prepared properly and that kept him from getting a shot earlier and likely if he had, he would not have done well with it. That said, the Marty of end of season would have had an impact

Reactions: RockfishCat
I wondered about this too. Early season it seemed they blocked poorly for everyone but I agree the later season blocking seemed worse for Hunter. I have zero technical knowledge of football but since everyone says McCall’s offense is so complicated, perhaps Hunter was responsible for calling the protection at the line on every pass play, and he was calling them incorrectly. However it’s hard to believe how many unblocked blitzers there were just teeing off on Hunter.
Those plays were often at the beginning of games. Possibly pre planned and after adjustments were made.. teams played more straight up to prevent us from exploiting openings

...in 1962.
Again it still happens. All the time. Do you think WIS would be as good as they have been without consistently good execution? OSU is more formidable this year because they are executing better. Plenty of examples

Again it still happens. All the time. Do you think WIS would be as good as they have been without consistently good execution? OSU is more formidable this year because they are executing better. Plenty of examples

Nobody runs 4 plays anymore. Modern defenses have evolved as well.

Good execution is obviously paramount, but so is playbook diversity.

I don't know if it's literally 4 plays, but option teams thrive on doing the same thing over and over very well and wearing down their opponents.

I don't know if it's literally 4 plays, but option teams thrive on doing the same thing over and over very well and wearing down their opponents.

There is a LOT more variety to a triple option attack than meets the eye. A ton.

I did not say 4 plays. But which is better? Running a few plays very well or a lot of plays poorly

I did not say 4 plays. But which is better? Running a few plays very well or a lot of plays poorly

Execution is good. Nobody is arguing against that.

Rolling out “Lombardi only ran four plays!” is bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT