ADVERTISEMENT

I love Hunter’s upside, but in my mind, TJ Green can take us to the BT Championship Next Year!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
TJ makes good decisions! Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers! I think he will throw 62% next year! Still, I think Hunter will do well next year too! Both those guys will have a staple of solid running backs including All Big Ten candidate, Bowser!

TJ makes good decisions! Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers! I think he will throw 62% next year! Still, I think Hunter will do well next year too! Both those guys will have a staple of solid running backs including All Big Ten candidate, Bowser!
We will see. The one thing I admire about TJ is that he was ready to play. I am happy for him. I would like for us to have a spring game to see the offense in live action, especially the QB's. Put stipulation on hitting to minimize injuries.

TJ is certainly the frontrunner imo. Someone with Hunter's tools is better suited with a wide open offense anyways. Not saying that Hunter is bad but QBs like him are equipped for gunslinger offenses. We saw last year.
But why write off Marty? I think he showed that he can move the sticks. I think he will be the backup or even start if Green gets reinjured. Its going to be an interesting spring.

TJ is certainly the frontrunner imo. Someone with Hunter's tools is better suited with a wide open offense anyways. Not saying that Hunter is bad but QBs like him are equipped for gunslinger offenses. We saw last year.
But why write off Marty? I think he showed that he can move the sticks. I think he will be the backup or even start if Green gets reinjured. Its going to be an interesting spring.

The hope is that Bajakian can build an effective offense around Hunter’s clearly superior physical skills.

Green is the most polished QB we have and with a new OC, I think his understanding and maturity can allow the others time to learn and then jump right in the next year. Obviously, Green has been in communication with Coach Fitzgerald and it isn't reasonable to think that he came back to ride the bench. Not saying that there won't be competition but we seen from the others that they need serious work before they can be fruitful. But Marty did look the best out of the bunch last year.

Reactions: Titanium999
We will see. The one thing I admire about TJ is that he was ready to play. I am happy for him. I would like for us to have a spring game to see the offense in live action, especially the QB's. Put stipulation on hitting to minimize injuries.
What Spring Game???

… which is also precisely why there won't be a spring game.
Secret offense and secret plays. Thankfully, osu, clemson, michigan, all have spring games so we can steal plays! Maybe hire beltran or Cora as well!
But all kidding around, the reason why we wont have a spring game is because nobody cares except the 25 fans who may show up.

Secret offense and secret plays. Thankfully, osu, clemson, michigan, all have spring games so we can steal plays! Maybe hire beltran or Cora as well!
But all kidding around, the reason why we wont have a spring game is because nobody cares except the 25 fans who may show up.

Troll.

… which is also precisely why there won't be a spring game.
This is stupid (not you gocatsgo). This is not WWII, it is college football. Football exists for the University and the fans, not just the players, since if there were no University and no fans, there would be no players. We should be proud of the team we field, and see them as often as possible. If we cannot muster a team to defeat our opponents ON THE FIELD, no secret plans are going to help us. No Spring game makes us look weak, not more clever.

Titanium is getting ahead of himself again. We have at least three great possibilities at QB next year. Let's see how this plays out and root for the QB the coaches settle on, and trust our new OC. I'll root for whoever that is.

This is stupid (not you gocatsgo). This is not WWII, it is college football. Football exists for the University and the fans, not just the players, since if there were no University and no fans, there would be no players. We should be proud of the team we field, and see them as often as possible. If we cannot muster a team to defeat our opponents ON THE FIELD, no secret plans are going to help us. No Spring game makes us look weak, not more clever.

College football exists to win games. Keeping the offense "behind closed doors" until the opener helps win games, especially considering that the 2020 opener is a B1G game.

Reactions: Rebel_
College football exists to win games. Keeping the offense "behind closed doors" until the opener helps win games, especially considering that the 2020 opener is a B1G game.
I would temper that. College football exists to PLAY games as best one can. Otherwise, everyone would win, and that is impossible. There is no secret that can be kept. Eventually it comes out. Do you think tOSU needs secrets? Sometimes the best kept secret is to show exactly what you are going to do, then do something different. NU NEEDS FANS.

Dude, we have a playbook. Not just 4 plays. I remember last year how the BTN reported everything that happened at practice. I almost didnt believe what they said because I assumed our 5 star would just start. But they announced that the offense seemed to be seriously struggling under Hunter.
But blocking out fans is just psycho.

Dude, we have a playbook. Not just 4 plays. I remember last year how the BTN reported everything that happened at practice. I almost didnt believe what they said because I assumed our 5 star would just start. But they announced that the offense seemed to be seriously struggling under Hunter.
God, I can't believe I agree with Turk/Wickerpark.

I would temper that. College football exists to PLAY games as best one can. Otherwise, everyone would win, and that is impossible. There is no secret that can be kept. Eventually it comes out. Do you think tOSU needs secrets? Sometimes the best kept secret is to show exactly what you are going to do, then do something different. NU NEEDS FANS.

NU needs to win games. That will bring fans, much more than a spring game that a causal fan would never attend.

Troll.

NU needs to win games. That will bring fans, much more than a spring game that a causal fan would never attend.
So, when we get to be tOSU, we can have a Spring game because we have fans who will come? Becoming tOSU seems unlikely, so let's find another way to attract fans. Winning will help, but fans help with winning. It's a two way street.

So, when we get to be tOSU, we can have a Spring game because we have fans who will come? Becoming tOSU seems unlikely, so let's find another way to attract fans. Winning will help, but fans help with winning. It's a two way street.

OSU has tens of thousands of fans that show at their spring game because they win a ton of games and are the only show in town.

Yeah, it’s funny we shut out the fans to promote secrecy when every Tom, Dick and Harry could tell you what NU’s game plan was and predict nearly every play by knowing down, distance and formation.

now that we actually don’t know, the last thing we will get a sneak preview.

is there anything NU that you won’t defend?

Yeah, it’s funny we shut out the fans to promote secrecy when every Tom, Dick and Harry could tell you what NU’s game plan was and predict nearly every play by knowing down, distance and formation.

now that we actually don’t know, the last thing we will get a sneak preview.

is there anything NU that you won’t defend?

Almost like that’s why the OC was fired, about three years too late. Weird.

Green is the most polished QB we have and with a new OC, I think his understanding and maturity can allow the others time to learn and then jump right in the next year. Obviously, Green has been in communication with Coach Fitzgerald and it isn't reasonable to think that he came back to ride the bench. Not saying that there won't be competition but we seen from the others that they need serious work before they can be fruitful. But Marty did look the best out of the bunch last year.
Turk,you can't win in the Big Ten with a pro style QB! We ran Marty and it worked well. I think we can win with all these guys. Not sure about Aiden Smith. But we have to rotate the quarterback out of the pocket on almost all plays like Kansas City and Green Bay do. You can't just sit back there and sling it like Peyton Manning and Indiana used to do!

Illinois was an anomaly. We always beat Illinois.

You're not going to be able to run your QB up the middle 20 times a game and expect to move the football. We will have to pass, and Green and Johnson are our best bets to make something happen in that department. I still think McCall was toxic and ruined Johnson, and with Coach Jake, he is reborn.

Reactions: willycat
Illinois was an anomaly. We always beat Illinois.

You're not going to be able to run your QB up the middle 20 times a game and expect to move the football. We will have to pass, and Green and Johnson are our best bets to make something happen in that department. I still think McCall was toxic and ruined Johnson, and with Coach Jake, he is reborn.
I hope you are right about Johnson. Otherwise, I don't see us having a great season. Good season is possible with any quarterback and the rest of the players we have coming back but great depends on a great quarterback effort.

Marty has demonstrated he's at least a good option for a change of pace. He played very well against Illinois. He proved he can help us.

Reactions: 7th Cir. Cat
Marty has demonstrated he's at least a good option for a change of pace. He played very well against Illinois. He proved he can help us.

And coming into that game Illinois had the best defense in the country in terms of take-aways. They were bowl eligible and the game was on the road. Marty showed more in that one game than what I saw from any QB during the whole season. I'm sure he'll get his fair shot to compete and if he wins the job, so be it. I'm not going to complain that we couldn't find a way to get HJ on the field.

I think Marty showed signs of being much more than that. If I had to make an educated guess right now, I would say he’ll be our starter. He needs to have a really productive offseason but he’d be an idiot not to put in the work given the taste of playing time and success he got last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT